IGNORED

Aurender X100L

Apparently it is a server (no DAC).

Judging from what I could see in Korean, the price will be something like $3300 for the model X100L with the large HDD.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Apparently it is a server (no DAC).

Judging from what I could see in Korean, the price will be something like $3300 for the model X100L with the large HDD.

Its both a server (builds it's own database) and a player (and a network player also)...

Even the smaller one has a drive...They keep the same logic, a HDD and a SSD...

too complicated in my view...

Their software implementation is very good, I wish they would trim down in a simpler network-only streamer and remove all drives....

• 2 weeks later...

I am very tempted by an Aurender X100L. Exactly the quality, functionality and user interface (iPad app) which I would like.

I have two questions - maybe someone knows an answer:

1) can I replace the 3TB HDs (in case one crashes)?

2) then there's the SSD with - I assume - the "OS" and additional necessary Aurender software. Can I backup the whole SSD (like creating an image)? Then I would - hopefully - be able to replace the SSD also if it crashes.

Good question. I'm unsure. Ethernet communication is bidirectional. The Aurender sends and receives frequently. Not sure how the arrow "should" be placed :~)

Is that an aq cable? They say it should be placed the way the sound flows , so to speak. So arrow goes into the aurender:)

Yay!

It's an AQ cable, but no audio flows on the Ethernet connection. All storage is local. Thus my conundrum :~)

I see.. it's kinda like an audiophile vortexbox then. I guess you must have your reason to use internal storage. Does it sound better when using local storage compared to streaming from another NAS?

Yay!