IGNORED

Volumio

PSUGabe

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehe Gabriel, you were there before launch happened!

I'm really happy to announce that Volumio went live 30 minutes ago. This is what Tsunamp should have been, so you will not be disappointed!

Volumio is an open source Audiophile Music Player, it is tailored to deliver the best audio quality out of some selected embedded devices: Cubox, Udoo, Raspberry PI and Beaglebone Black.

It is also designed to be easy and confortable to use, thanks to integrated webui (there are also lot of third-party clients available). And thanks to a custom built Android app, it can also become a Multiroom Audio System...

Et voilà, mesdames et messieurs, here it is : volumio.org

FEATURES:

-Ready to play: flash it and you're ready

-Audiophile Quality: bit perfect playback

-FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, ALAC, PLS support

-Music libraries on Samba, NFS and USB drives

-Webradios support out of the box

-Control it via integrated Webui with PC, Smartphone, Tablet

-Airplay capability

-Ramplay Support

-DSD Native Playback

-Multiroom Playback via Android App

-Output playback device Selection

-Audio out via HDMI, USB, Analog Jack, S/PDIF, I2S (depends on platform)

-Compatible with all UAC2 compliant USB DACs

-Wireless Network configuration

-Various resampling options, up to 32bit/384khrtz

Really eager to hear your feedbacks!

• 10 months later...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

I just got a Compulab Utilite which was highly recommended on Volumio's website and has coaxial SPDIF out built in. But I have not yet got any connection working to my iPad or Macbook. Volumio is only in version 1.3beta.

So a new and complete version of Volumio would be necessary and it should allow direct Wifi connection between an iPad etc. and an Utilite as a headless set up.

• 5 months later...

Volumio has a web browser based control application, which will presumably work on iPad's Safari. Of course, ironically, Volumio is an OpenHome Media supporting renderer like the Auralic Aries, so you can use any ohMedia control point app available for the iPad with it, eg, Kinsky, Kazoo, Lumin and yes even (dare I say it) the Aries's Lightning DS app!

Can't really say about the sound quality, but for ~$50 for a Raspberry Pi 2 and free Volumio, it's certainly worth testing that out for yourself. The rumour is that the Aries uses the same music player software internally as Volumio does, MPD. You could always use the Raspberry Pi 2 as a low powered, low noise, efficient NAS type device to run the MinimServer UPnP media server (after attaching appropriate storage drive) for the Aries instead, if you are not happy with its sound as a renderer.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

No aiff support? Darn.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Oh, thanks! I’ve heard of that googly thing...

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3