IGNORED

Crosby, Stills and Nash debut album at 24/192

DR numbers? Can you provide them?

The HDT hi-res was ruined for me by the volume compression. If this doesn't have it, I'll cough up the bucks.

I saw there is also the CSN reunion album there in hi-res, which I'm also interested in.

Anyone have any info on this release, and if/how the master differs from the HDT?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

foobar2000 1.2.9 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1

log date: 2013-11-27 10:32:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed: Crosby, Stills & Nash / Crosby, Stills & Nash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track

DR8 -0.20 dB -10.48 dB 7:23 01-Suite: Judy Blue Eyes

DR8 -0.20 dB -9.90 dB 2:38 02-Marrakesh Express

DR10 -0.20 dB -13.74 dB 4:39 03-Guinevere

DR11 -0.20 dB -12.71 dB 2:45 04-You Don't Have To Cry

DR9 -0.20 dB -10.39 dB 2:58 05-Pre-Road Downs

DR7 -0.20 dB -9.51 dB 5:28 06-Wooden Ships

DR11 -0.20 dB -15.64 dB 2:38 07-Lady Of The Island

DR10 -0.20 dB -12.91 dB 2:41 08-Helplessly Hoping

DR6 -0.20 dB -7.56 dB 4:19 09-Long Time Gone

DR8 -0.20 dB -9.35 dB 5:06 10-49 Bye-Byes

Number of tracks: 10

Official DR value: DR9

Samplerate: 192000 Hz

Channels: 2

Bits per sample: 24

Bitrate: 5237 kbps

Codec: FLAC

================================================================================

Pretty much the same as the 24/96 version with regard to DR, with a slight improvement on two tracks. Still, this one sounds much better to me...

Well, I have the older Redbook Gold CD remaster from AFZ, it sounds good and has a DR of 12. Think I'll stick with that. It sounds better than the HDT hi-res to me.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Just purchased the debut album at this (previously unavailable) sample rate. To my ears, this sounds like the album should be sounding in high-def. I was underwhelmed by the HDTracks 24/96, and think this version makes the 24/96 version sound like a redbook cd.

Crosby, Stills & Nash -

Hello, do you know if this site allows purchases from the USA and if so are they trustworthy? Is the content legit HiRez?

They have some very nice stuff to pick from that's for sure.

Thanks

Hello, do you know if this site allows purchases from the USA and if so are they trustworthy? Is the content legit HiRez?

They have some very nice stuff to pick from that's for sure.

Thanks

Yes & Yes

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.