IGNORED

Upcoming OPPO gear

OPPO was "nice" enough to post a peek into what they are working on at the OPPO Digital Future Products page. I think they would like people to be aware of it as they apparently can't pull it in before the holiday season and hope some fan base to hold off of purchases from other vendors by posting the planned hardware.

And that is my question. I may be considering exactly this new combo (DAC+AMP+HF) for the holiday season in up to the 2.5K range. What would be an (un)educated guess of this respectable community - has OPPO a chance to best current offerings and so the wait is warranted?

Is it even worth considering OPPO's first offering in a new category for them - headphones - given I am not a collector, but rather have a set for a long time?

Cheers!

Interesting. I do not see a price from OPPO. Do you?

When discussed over here -- http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/oppo-ha-1-a-18033/ -- a price of $1000 was mentioned but not sure how firm that was.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.