IGNORED

Apple's Remote App unstable?

Captain

I stream my music from an Apple Mac Mini, using iTunes and Pure Music. I control the Mini by Apple's Remote App from an iPad.

Software is all up to date (latest version). On the Mini is Maverick (OSX 10.9) installed.

After the latest updates to Maverick and the Remote App the connection is often broken. I have to start Remote again, select the server and select the music. Ather a while the connection is broken once again. This problem is persistant.

Also, recently it occurs that the server does not respond to Remote if I try to pause the music.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is this caused by Apple or could it be my system?

It's been working flawlessly for me.

Can you experiment without Pure Music running? The Remote app not responding to pause is exactly why I first dumped Pure Music in favor of Audirvana Plus. Both the Remote app and the Apple IR remote started working reliably and predictably after making that move.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

It's been working flawlessly for me.

Can you experiment without Pure Music running? The Remote app not responding to pause is exactly why I first dumped Pure Music in favor of Audirvana Plus. Both the Remote app and the Apple IR remote started working reliably and predictably after making that move.

I would second that. I've had no problems with Mavericks.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

I have tested running only iTunes and the Apple Remote app. (I have VNC Server running as I use my Mac headless).

for a while the Remote app displays the album artwork fine but after a while it crashes. The music keeps on playing fine. No gaps as the Remote app crashes.

Then I have to start over again by searching the server etc.

So I can rule out Pure Music as being the cause.

I have posted my problem on the Apple support forum, but no really helpful reactions.

I will have this problem looked into by Apple technicians as coming Saturday a new Apple Store will open here in Haarlem, just one street away. :)