IGNORED

Computer Audio Design OSX Audio Optimization Script

My system can't get online, so I can't send it.

If nobody offers here, get in touch with Damian and co. at CAD. Best of luck [emoji846]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

My system can't get online, so I can't send it.

If nobody offers here, get in touch with Damian and co. at CAD. Best of luck [emoji846]

Hi,

If you want the script that we (Computer Audio Design) did it is still available for free download on our website:

www.computeraudiodesign.com

Go to: Computer Setup

The script has been tested up to Yosemite 10.10.2

Best Regards,

Scott

www.computeraudiodesign.com

CAD 1543 MKII DAC, CAD Audio Transport (CAT)

The CAD USB I and II Cables - 30 day money back guarantee

The CAD GC1 Ground Control is now in production

• 3 weeks later...
I have done a lot of work on optimizing Windows for audio over the last year and I decided to do the same for OSX. My background is more Windows based so I was lucky enough to find someone who knows a massive amount about Mac software to help me out.

We manufacture DACs and it is important that we can optimize our dealers and customers computers quickly and easily. One of the biggest issues I have is the perceived complexity of computer audio and anything that we can do to make it simpler and sound better is a good thing for the industry.

I am not a Mac expert! It would be helpful to have others take a look at what we have done and offer suggestions. I have no doubt there are additional things that can be done and maybe we have done some things that we shouldn't have!

If you want to make your Mac sound better I am a big believer in the first place to start is with good playback software. There are many excellent options for the Mac user and I recommend to start there. There are also many sites out there with some great ideas on other things to do to make your Mac sound better. This script has gone to extremes to stop Daemons (background processes) from starting up and running. This script will stop most applications from running that are not related to audio. So if you use your Mac for things other than audio this script is probably not for you.

The script was written with these personal requirements in mind:

· Computer used for nothing else but audio

· Be able to use iTunes

· Be able to control iTunes using an iPad and iTunes Remote

· Be able to use third party playback software such as Audirvana

· Ethernet connection for wifi

· A "return to original settings" script

You can view and modify the scripts by opening them in TextEdit.

These scripts are free and open source.

As you would expect the use of the script is completely at your own risk. I would strongly recommend making a backup of your Mac before using the optimization script.

At this point the script is only for Mountain Lion (10.8.x). Do NOT use with any other versions.

The CAD OSX Audio Optimization Script can be downloaded from the Computer Audio Design website here:

Computer Audio Design » OSX Audio Optimization

Scott

many Thanks , i use it

A few questions, please.

Is anyone using this with Audirvana 1.5 or Audirvana Plus 2.XX ?

Is it beneficial if using Audirvana?

Has anyone tried this script with ElCapitan? Does it work?

If you try to script and it is NOT compatible with the OS X, how simple is it to remove it and put your mac back "the way it was?"

Thank you.

It worked with El Capitan on my machine, at least, it did not make it crash. I does not need to be removed, after restart it is gone and during a session you can simply open the tool and revert back to all normal.

However, I do not use it anymore as the system became somehow uneasy to use outside Audirvana and I was not too sure if that is the way it was supposed to be working being outdated by two OS X releases in the meantime.

I have to say that I use the MacMini only for Music and I boot from an SD Card with a full installation also on the internal SSD. So the risk for me is zero trying out such scripts.

Chris

Software > Roon Server & HQ Player4 on Windows 2019/AO & MacMini MMK (plus Audirvana 3.5)  > Netgear GS105EV2 > Meicord Opal > Naim NDX 2 > Naim SN2 + Lyngdorf CD-2 + Rega RP8/Aria >  > Harbeth SHL5 plus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are running bootcamp on your MBP and found improvements in HQ Player running in optimized W 2012R2 vs Mac OS? If so, what improvements did you hear?

to all those who took that route : give Windows 2012 R2 a try...

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2017 at 5:04 AM, Le Concombre Masqué said:

Yes, major improvements. OSX is a joke in comparison when it comes to play music. Where was a wall of sound are delineated contributions etc

I finally got around to installing Windows 10 via Bootcamp on my 2013 MBP, and installed JPLAY along with the Fidelizer free optimization and  I like what I heard.    How did you settle on HQ Player? Did you try others players before going with HQ player?

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

6 minutes ago, No Disc said:

I finally got around to installing Windows 10 via Bootcamp on my 2013 MBP, and installed JPLAY along with the Fidelizer free optimization and  I like what I heard.    How did you settle on HQ Player? Did you try others players before going with HQ player?

Have you managed to install Windows via Bootcamp without issues?

I've tried Windows 7 on a 2014 MBP and got errors (dll's).

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Just now, Vitor said:

Have you managed to install Windows via Bootcamp without issues?

I've tried Windows 7 on a 2014 MBP and got errors (dll's).

I went with Windows 10 ISO install and the only problem I ran into was if I forgot to format the bootcamp partition before clicking next, I got errors.  This is during the windows installation when it asks you where you want to install Windows.  The trick was to select the bootcamp partition, click format, then after formatting then select that partition again (no longer named bootcamp)  and select next.