IGNORED

Streaming audio with Jriver need help

Nehpets

I am new to this site and need help with some clarifications. If I stream Jriver on Win7 PC to AE that is connected to DAC on pre amp via toslink. Will I benefit by using cat5 from router to AE? Should I rip using FLAC or AIFF if I need synch with iPhone too. Do I need dBpoweramp to rip or can I do it in Jriver pros and cons? My long term goal is to be able to listen to Hi Res files on hdwr that will not become obsolete in a year or two. I don't plan to invest in a CD player

JRiver can't stream direct to a AirPort Express - you could use Rogue Amoeba | Airfoil for Windows: Wireless Audio Around Your House

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Eloise, thank you for the airfoil suggestion. It is recognized by Jriver, but I am not able to hear any music on the stereo. I know the airport express works, so isn't must be an issue with the computer and wireless network or firewalls. This is so fustrating, because iTunes is just plug and play. I was hoping to hear the improvement in sound from Jriver.