IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Problem solved. Very handy to have the laptop on the couch and access Tbytes of music in distant HD (never heard adverse effects of WIFI)

Thank you Phil, and for your guide too.

i'm very very happy playing HQP on my MBPr running Windows 2012R2! And certainly recommend everyone to give it a try.

Setting a fixed IP address while in GUI mode was probably the wrong idea.

quick guide to whom would face the same situation: Add Wireless Lan Service Feature via Server Manager, install Airportsetup (includes Bonjour) in Minimal Server mode. If it doesn't work straight after restart and restart, google netsh wlan to find out how to launch autoconfig. Maybe it's simpler to go GUI and launch autoconfig from Control panel services if doesn't start automagically. Also check connect automatically while in GUI mode

Thank you

I went as far netsh wlan autoconfig per command line but I still can't see my Bonjour Disks inside and connected to my TimeCapsule (I could in GUI).

Version 2.20 Beta 2a

================================================== ===============

AudiophileOptimizer 2.20

- Ability to disable Cortana (Windows 10)

- Ability to remove Windows Defender (Windows Server 2016)

- Updated MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016 Core Mode

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016

- Kernel-Streaming for Windows Server 2016 in Core Mode

ServiceTool 2.20

- Kodi Shell Replacement

- Alchemy Shell Replacement

- HQPlayer NAA Shell Replacement

- Roon and HQPlayer Shell Replacement

(starts Roon and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)

- RoonServer and HQPlayer Shell Replacement

(starts RoonServer and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)

- Fix & Update for HQPlayer Shell Replacement, detects x86/x64 path of HQP

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

Setup 2.20

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of the PDF Guide

Something special to mention about this release are the new HQPlayer/Roon Combo Shell Replacements. They are useful if one is using Roon or RoonServer together with HQPlayer. This shell replacement also automatically detects if the x86 or x64 version of HQPlayer is installed and sets the according Shell Replacement, so both Roon/RoonServer and HQPlayer will fire up after login.

It is now also possible to set HQPlayer network audio daemon as shell replacement. To do so networkaudiod.exe needs to be copied into C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3 before running the NAA shell replacement. We also have new Shell Replacements for Kodi & Alchemy.

Windows 10 Users can now disable Cortana and Windows Server 2016 users can entirely remove the Windows Defender. Aside from all that the MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016 has been updated.

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

The Roon + HQP followers should love this... Great work Phil...

There's another little speciality to these new combo shell replacements. Both Roon/RoonServer and HQPlayer are started with high priority! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________

The Roon + HQP followers should love this... Great work Phil...

I am one of those followers and its great! The NAA shell replacement is pretty awesome too!

There's another little speciality to these new combo shell replacements. Both Roon/RoonServer and HQPlayer are started with high priority! :-)

As always, stellar work Phil! Thank you for all the support.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I have a question for AO.

At the moment I am trying to use W2012R2 on my audioPC (Jriver DLNA server) with the PC attached to my router (NIC1) and my streamer SOTM200 attached to NIC2 with both NIC's in bridged mode. See my post in another thread .

I managed to get it working in minimal server mode with AO V2.10 optimization. Very good improvement in SQ compared to (unaltered) W10.

I have always struggled with network communication (audioPC-NAS) in minimal/core mode in the past (Jplay) and I have (again) noted that for a fluent network the option "network discovery" for private networks has to be turned ON.

(fluent : meaning all computers in the local network can be pinged and are recognized by their name; if it doesn't ping, it doesn't sing!)

In "native" W2012R2 GUI mode (after first install, I mean) should it be impossible to turn on "network discovery"? You may try to do it, but it does not stick. Is that the default W2012R2 status?

But if I come back to GUI mode, after using your service-tool that seems to be the situation.

I read in Microsoft forums that the "solution" is "simple" : just turn on the following 4 services : 1) DNS Client (dnscache) 2) Function Discovery Resource Publication (fdrespub) 3) SSDP discovery (ssdpsrv) 4) Upnp Device Host (upnphost)Yes this works to get "network discovery" back.

Going to core mode with your optimization-script I could not even see these services. In minimal-server mode they are there with fdrespub turned off! And it stays off when GUI is restored. And this fdrespub service is just the one that seems to be needed to bring my DLNA server into contact with the SOTM renderer in my bridged mode.

Is it possible to point out this potential network problem in your AO-manual? And maybe include a script that turns on these 4 services?

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

Hi

i see no issue here? The behavior is by design of microsoft, not AO. Also network discovery is not nevessary for normal operations, it's always best to have it turned off as it is the default of Microsoft.

All this seems very specific to your setup? We can happily discuss this further via email if you like.

best,

AudioPhil

Hi

i see no issue here? The behavior is by design of microsoft, not AO. Also network discovery is not necessary for normal operations, it's always best to have it turned off as it is the default of Microsoft.

All this seems very specific to your setup? We can happily discuss this further via email if you like.

best,

AudioPhil

If you think that I should be able to manage my network communications with network discovery turned off, yes then -most likely- I have a specific problem. I will email you after I have done some more testing. Thanks.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

Advice needed. Now that tidal does mqa I use it mkre often before in would go out of core mode and use it.

I did the update and put AO in minimal mode to use both j river and tidal . I also have fidilizer pro to. It worked fine . Then I shutdown system and rebooted now only jriver shows . Now fidilizer pro is set to be used with j river and as such loads it automatically.

Advice on being able to use either , also will core mode and tidal work at some point. I do try to load tidal from desktop it does not load . Please excuse if this has been discussed already .

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have some question concerning the new version of AO (2.10):

-When I run it on my Win10 server (ultimate mode), it don't ask me if I want to disable Plug & Play. Is it normal?

-Why some useless services, like the print spooler for example, are running after optimization?

-Is it advised to enable the Windows 10 anti-spy feature?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have some question concerning the new version of AO (2.10):

-When I run it on my Win10 server (ultimate mode), it don't ask me if I want to disable Plug & Play. Is it normal?

-Why some useless services, like the print spooler for example, are running after optimization?

-Is it advised to enable the Windows 10 anti-spy feature?

Thank you!

Hello

yes on windows 10 the plug and play question is intended to be skipped. The print spooler will most likely be disabled in a future release of AO. Yes it is highly recommended to use the Anti-Spy feature, it disables all telemetry services and blocks all connections to microsoft servers which are there to collect your data.

Best,

AudioPhil

Did a clean installation of Windows 2016 Standard Core by removing Windows 2012 R2 during the installation process. (NO UPGRADE)

With the combination of Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 beta 2b JPlay/HySolid/ProcessLasso, I must say this completely beats my previous installation of the same setup on Windows 2012 R2

Better imaging/ soundstage, more detailed information, much better bass.

Using the posts on the forum to get the JPlay/HySolid did not work for me.

I will post a detailed step-by-step instructions to get the JPlay/HySolid combination working in Windows 2016 Core in a few days.

Stay tuned!!

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

Awesome work Phil, thanks a lot!

Mobile: iPhone 6s 128Gb > Chord Hugo > Shure 846

Stereo: PPA dual streamer setup with JPlay and AO > Lampizator Golden Gate SE > Classe Omega Preamp MKII > 2xNord On UP NC500DM > Linkwitz LX521

Hi Dean

All correct so far. Installer and Software itself need to be able to run in Core Mode.

by the way, the Alchemy Shell Replacement is in place now since the last beta.

best,

AudioPhil

• 2 months later...
On 3.2.2017 at 6:16 AM, hurka said:

I'm just assembled quick my new pc config yesterday.gygabite h270n,i5 7500,corsair 3200mhz 16gb ddr4+AO hardcore mode

Wow!!!!

Thanks Phil!!!!!!

Hello Hurka

Thanks a lot for the compliments! :-) what version of AO are you using?

Best,

AudioPhil

On 3.2.2017 at 0:17 AM, romaz said:

Roon 1.3 is sure a nice improvement over 1.2. Would love it, Phil, if you can figure out a way to run RoonServer in Core mode so that I can move up from W2012R2 to 2016.

Hello romaz

Then AO 2.20 will be most likely what you are waiting for :-)

Best,

AudioPhil

6 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Hurka

Thanks a lot for the compliments! :-) what version of AO are you using?

Best,

AudioPhil

2.20b4. server2016 core mode.Without vga driver I have some problem.Cant install j river,dont show the install windows and buttons.Hq player: cant drop the soundfiles in playlists,only add library option.

Cant install vga driver.