IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Within Windows 2012 itself. You can also find it if you look under Control Panel. But the items are different from those in Windows 7 or 8. That's the reason for the search.

Yes, restoring from backup copy of Windows 2012. Before you convert to core or minimal server, search for Backup in Windows 2013 and you will be given options to backup. I did a bare metal and system image backup. And that proved to be very useful when you want to go back to the system state before converting to core.

That's good to know. I'd read somewhere that WS2012 had a good internal backup application. It seems like it would be great advice in general (and perhaps a suggestion in the instructions) to do a backup of the configured system before initially switching to minimal server or core. It's free, the tools are included in the OS and it could potentially eliminate the "thousands of changes" that are made from switching back and forth.

I could see myself reverting to a backup when I need to install an updated version of JRiver, for example, as I've heard you can't do that in core mode. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that would be an excellent use of the backup.

I didn't activate Win 2012 at all. I installed from a USB stick created with Windows 7 USB tool. And for some reason, no activation needed. Refer to Phil's Guide. It's documented there.

Good luck. It's well the worth the effort.

It sounds as though you're using the trial of WS2012. I am too at the moment, but I can't imagine that it would run for (much) longer than the trial period without activation.

I've got two WS2012 licences that I haven't used yet (of course I will install them), but I'm concerned with the mobility of the licenses/activation. Does anyone know if it's possible to move a WS2012 to a new computer when I inevitably update my computer hardware down the road? I tried to Google it, but got bogged down in advice pertaining to huge server farm types of installations and other complexities.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

The deployment of WS2012 license is no different, I believe, from that of Win 7 or 8. As long as they are normal retail licenses, you can re-activate if needed. I have done that with Win XP, Vista, 7 and 8 many times over new/modified hardware. Worst case was I have to ring Microsoft to get a new product key as I might have gone over the limit.

Yes, I am using evaluation copy of WS2102. My plan is to keep using it. In Phil's guide, there is a way to extend the license. But I am prepared to reinstall from scratch every 180 days if I have to. How long does it take me to install Win 2012, DAC drivers, JPLAY, trim the system and optimize for the AudioPC? Well under 1 hour! It might take a bit longer for my ControlPC cause I have media files and I need to sync it with another PC. But it is easy as I have done it a few times when I set it up initially.

Love the NEW sound from my OLD hifi.

cheers.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

[h=5]trying 1.22 on 1B mode. I found the sound a little bit sweeter on the upper-mid range. The sound wave from right speaker to left speaker at the beginning of the Moldau seems more vivid. The whole sound structure get more robust and solid. The ending of every musical phrase of Anita Meyer(http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2011-08/1313516621_500.jpg) is so beautiful that you wish the phrase won't end.[/h]

I've been wanting to try the optimizer...just tough to put out the kind of money when you can't demo for oneself. I wish there was like a couple day demo or something.

So far, with my Win 2012 r2, I've gotten everything set and it sound pretty much identical to my Win7 installation (using Foobar2000). I'm surprised anyone hears a ton of difference. And with me, I've used Jriver & Jplay and couldn't get it to sound any better than what my Foobar2000 install sounds like. Granted I've done a lot of work with Foobar to get it where it's at.

I initially thought there was a difference between Win7 and Windows 2012, but after listening closer to both, there's really not much (if any) differences. I hear a slight more analytical presentation with my windows 2012 install and a more robust, smooth, analog-ish sound with my Win7 install. These are both with all the same basic tweaks to Windows and identical copies of Foobar.

But I'd still love to try the optimizer just to see. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some money somewhere *starts checking couch cushions* lol

I agree, a trial would be great. However, I must say since switching to Server + Optimizer, my system has never sounded better. Vocals are particularly stunning, almost tube like in terms of weight and texture. Incredible! I will say that getting room treatments has helped me be better able to hear differences when I change things.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hi

a trial version of the optimizer is available. Who is interested can email me.

Pewter, if you don't hear any difference between win7/8 and server 2012, you are probably suffering from bad power conditions. Get clean power, and you will hear a big difference even wirhout optimizer.

don't use power distibution lines etc, plug in directly into wallwart. Or hook your computer up to a UPS. Then you will hear it.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I have multiple PS Audio Powerplant P10s, I regenerate perfectly clean power on my stereo system and for my computer. :)

Actually what I found is is quite interesting. With Win2012, I heard a difference between my Win7 laptop with a cheap old (talking $15) 430w power supply... well it finally blew and I went up and grabbed a good Corsair TX650w and now I hear very little differences... So I think it's really funny that changing out the PSU made a difference.

I just need to build a new computer to play around with. hee hee.

Hi

The powerplants are even better, perfect. But as you discovered yourself, also the PSU can make a big difference (or ruin everything) as well. I use a Corsair AX760i on my ControlPC and a PPA wide-rage 160W DC to ATX PSU in my AudioPC. Both are highly recommended!

ControlPC: AX760i Digital ATX Power Supply

AudioPC: SHOPPING AREA: DC to ATX 160W PSU

Cheers,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am up and running with Optimizer (still in GUI mode) and I like what I hear. I am playing with the different sound signatures.

Phil has been answering some questions for me in real time. Now THAT's customer support!

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

I am now running in core mode and really enjoying this. No more tweaking this weekend, just listening.

Thanks Tommy for your help with remote desktop.

And thanks Phil for your tech support.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

David, glad you are up and running though I really didn't help you at all. Phil's support on the other hand is always top notch and very timely. Hope you enjoy the setup. It's cold and rainy here so I am just chillin listening to Halie Loren with a warm cup of coffee. Doesn't get better than this.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I will have to say that Audiophill's optimizer are best thing that I ever installed on my system period (server 2012 R2 second lol)

Like everyone here says customer support is more then top notch it is freaking scary He is always there to help

This guy never sleeps I guess

As far as optimizer goes if you reading this and you did not buy it yet shame on you

Everyone wanting best from his setup no matter what you are running must have that optimizer

Please support his HARD work and buy it you will not regret it you did

Thank you again Audiophill for your work and 10 stars support

Hi, I wanted to share my experiences with switching to JPlay StreamerMode (dual PC setup). Manual | JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

I thought there wouldn't be much to gain by adding an extra PC to my WAV playback "chain" with JPlay, but as JPlay 5.2 was recently released I accidentally read about people's experiences with using Windows Server 2012 in "core" mode combined with AudioPhil's AudiopileOptimizer package (enables Kernel Streaming in "core" mode).

I decided to "refurbish" an old 2007 laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. After a rather challenging installation procedure, that would never would have succeeded without the assistance from AudioPhil (including TeamViewer "remote assistance"!), I was finally ready to connect the new JPlay "Audio PC" (Windows Server 2012, JPlay 5.2, AudiophileOptimizer) to my existing JPlay "Control PC" (Windows 8.1, JPlay 5.2, JRiver, JPlay mini) through a dedicated "direct cable connection" (using Gigabit NICs). My DAC is the JKDAC32 from John Kenny, the amplifier is "NAKSA 70" by Hugh Dean, passive volume control/attenuator is the RelVol1 from Dantimax.dk, the speakers...will soon be replaced by Tony Gee's Concerto speakers (DIY).

It was past midnight before the "Audio PC" project was finished, but the sound was so engaging, so natural and "smooth" that I couldn't stop listening for 2 hours! The "digital harshness" of WAV playback seems to be gone. Adding the "Audio PC" has brought SQ to another level in my rather simple system. I find myself listening to music a lot more these days.

I'm sure AudioPhil will assist you in making it happen. His AudiophileOptimizer software, and not to forget his accompanying installation GUIDE (Windows Server 2012 setup procedure included) is available at Highend-AudioPC | AudiophileOptimizer for CHF 100. Well worth the investment!

-E

I thought I should add my voice to those who have tried the Optimizer. Using Phil’s PDF guide (very clear and comprehensive), I installed Windows Server 2012 R2 trial on my dedicated audio computer, a 2009 Mac Mini (Bootcamp) with Paul Hynes Design PSU.

I then installed JRMC 19, chose KS as output mode and switched to minimal server mode. I feel doing this was already a nice step up in SQ, compared to my previous Windows 8.1 installation. Note that I use a single computer setup, without JPLAY for the time being.

I emailed Phil about the Optimizer and he was kind enough to provide me with a trial version. The optimization process took no more than a couple minutes and after a quick reboot I could play the first track.

In short, this product comes as advertised: no harshness or iciness, very fluid and organic, MUSICAL presentation, bigger soundstage and, as it is more often the case with analog; I could easily forget I was listening to my system and was captivated by the music instead. This resulted in a totally relaxing experience, a genuine moment of pleasure and escape, which I believe is what this hobby is all about.

Add to this an incredible support from Phil and you have an essential product to achieve ultimate SQ from a computer based system.

WD 2TB My Cloud NAS > Fanless Zotac Mini PC ZBOX > Paul Hynes Design SR5 PSU > Daphile > dB Audio Labs Tranquility DAC > Red Wine Audio 30.2 LFP-V with Miniwatt Dario E188CC Tube > KEF LS50

I am now running in core mode and really enjoying this. No more tweaking this weekend, just listening.

Thanks Tommy for your help with remote desktop.

And thanks Phil for your tech support.

I'm about ready to switch from GUI to core mode and run the Optimizer for the first time.

Remote access is the thing I'm concerned about. I've enabled it in GUI mode. Will I need to do something to re-enable it in core mode?

When I Googled it, I saw something about needing to edit the registry...

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Hi

You mean RDP? No, just enable and configure it in while you are in GUI mode. Swith to core and then don't disable Network related Services or RDP when you run the Optimizer.

You could also use WinRS or Powershell Remoting to Access the AudioPC.

Hi

You mean RDP? No, just enable and configure it in while you are in GUI mode. Swith to core and then don't disable Network related Services or RDP when you run the Optimizer.

You could also use WinRS or Powershell Remoting to Access the AudioPC.

Thanks for the quick response audioPhil! Your support really is as good as they say!

Do you have a preference among these methods of remote access? Does leaving on Network related Services & RDP have a negative impact on the sound?

Thanks for the quick response audioPhil! Your support really is as good as they say!

Do you have a preference among these methods of remote access? Does leaving on Network related Services & RDP have a negative impact on the sound?

EVERYTHING has a negative impact on the sound! :) But some things are so infinitesimal or theoretical that it's not worth worrying about. Just use Remote desktop, make sure you have your audiopc's administrator password and/or auto logon set, and you're there. I use RDP to log into my GUI controlpc, then from its own desktop an RDP icon to log onto my core audiopc.

EVERYTHING has a negative impact on the sound! :) But some things are so infinitesimal or theoretical that it's not worth worrying about. Just use Remote desktop, make sure you have your audiopc's administrator password and/or auto logon set, and you're there. I use RDP to log into my GUI controlpc, then from its own desktop an RDP icon to log onto my core audiopc.

Thanks teb_b,

So far, I haven't had a need to log into my audiopc. It's running in Hibernate mode anyway. I've been using it headless and haven't had any issues.

Is there anything you do regularly with the audiopc that might be of interest to me, or is your ability to connect to it more of a "just in case" thing?

For regular use it's a just in case thing. For me, since I review stuff, I need to get to it to install DAC drivers. Also, though, you'll need access to it when you install a new version of Optimizer, a new version of Jplay, or to change sonic signatures (assuming your not using the Configurator).

Thanks a lot, i always try to be fast and responsive. sometime it takes a bit longer, but i never let one customer down so far.

If you Need some graphical Connection, then RDP is my bet. if you are Computer safy, WinRS or PowerShell Remoting are the way to go.

Thanks a lot, i always try to be fast and responsive. sometime it takes a bit longer, but i never let one customer down so far.

If you Need some graphical Connection, then RDP is my bet. if you are Computer safy, WinRS or PowerShell Remoting are the way to go.

Thanks audioPhil & ted_b for your informative responses.

I can't wait to hear how it sounds!

Can people post their experiences with the different sound signatures and digital filters. I think I am running 1 and B but I am not sure. I think I want to go to something that is a tad warmer. I guess that means D but I am not sure about the sound signature. I guess I need to change one at a time.

Folks,

I purchased the Audiophile Optimizer on 12/21/2013 and rebuilt my Windows 8.1 fanless PC to Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Followed the user guide from AudioPhil to the letter; including the BIOS setting (I actually tweaked the BIOS to Phil's recommendation while the box was on Windows 8.1 and it made major improvements in SQ)

After reinstalling the O/S to Server 2012 R2, and again following the instructions to the letter for preparation of the computer to install the AudiophileOptimizer 1.22, the immediate result was astounding.

I sat there dumbfounded that recorded music could sound this good.

One setting (enable or disable HPET) was not clear to me, after searching the net for information, it still was not clear, so I decided to select disable. Listened for a few days, then emailed Phil for advice on the setting and to quote Phil, this is his response: "I would suggest you enable HPET in BIOS and also inside the Optimizer. Most people like these settings sound the best"

That change was the "Silver Bullet"; Immediate Audio Nirvana

I texted my friend who has an excellent sounding analog system and told him my new setup will blow his analog out of the water

Folks, don't hesitate, get the Audiophile Optimizer, this is better than adding a dCS Scarlatti in your system.

My setup includes:

Fanless Streacom FC5 chassis, Asus P8Z77-M Pro, Intel Core I7 I7-3770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D PPA Studio AUDIO GRADE USB 3.0 PCIE CARD

B.M.C. PureDac

Parasound A21 Power Amplifier

Magneplanar 3.6R Speakers

Vandersteen 2Wq subs

Hello Folks

I am currently working on the beta of version 1.22 of the AudiophileOptimizer. There will be quiet a few changes and news:

- Introduction of eXpress and Export mode

The eXpress mode will set most settings for you and is the desired route for beginners who don't want to decide and think about to many questions and just want to enjoy and listen good music. Expert mode offers all the known and some new Options.

- More network related optimizations

- More filesystem related optimizations

- More registry optimizations

- More CPU related optimizations

- One new Digitial-Filter mode

- Possibility to enable/disable HPET

- Boot-Manager Text changed to "AudiophileEdition 1.2x"

- Several minor changes

- Update of the PDF Guide

- ServiceEnabler 1.41

The beta of 1.22 will be sent out to the usual suspects within the next days.

Take care,

Phil

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

I finally got around to installing Windows Server 2012 and applying Phil's optimisation software. It definitely lives up to expectations - the documentation is thorough and easy to follow, and the software is comprehensive, tweakable and very well supported. As far as sound goes, moving from tweaked Windows 8 with JRMC 19 to CAD optimised Windows Server 2012 with JRMC 19 (no JPlay by preference) Server 2012 shows a very considerable improvement, a huge difference on the scale of computer software and digital transport. Using the recommended filter and sound signature settings there is incredible timing, definition, detail, and what I can only describe as consistency or stability. If that's not your thing, I'm sure there are other setting that can accommodate individual musicality concerns. Overall definitely worth the price as a versatile and powerful music software, and well worth persevering setting up Windows Server.