IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Hi

every existing format is supported by the Optimizer since it is no mediaplayer.

In the end this depends on the mediaplayer you use. JRiver, JPLAYmini and Foobar2000 all support DSD just to name a few.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Phil, after optimizer is installed, will I be able to edit my Jriver Media Center library with fully GUI functionality?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Thanks Phil, I'm running J River 19 also. Let us know when version 1.22 eXpress is available!

Hi

My lead-tester is testing Version 1.22b since about one week and all looks good so far. After his "OK" i'll pass the beta to existing customers who want to try it.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Phil, after optimizer is installed, will I be able to edit my Jriver Media Center library with fully GUI functionality?

Hi

Sure :)

This Video Shows Server 2012 R2 in core mode, with no autologon and no Shell replacement configured:

It's the same for Foobar2000 etc.

Hi

Sure :)

This Video Shows Server 2012 R2 in core mode, with no autologon and no Shell replacement configured:

It's the same for Foobar2000 etc.

Yup, just execute the Media Center 19.exe file sound in the Media Center directory. I have MC running on my PC and I access it via remote desktop. Its great!

BTW, what is 1.22Express????

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

My lead-tester is testing Version 1.22b since about one week and all looks good so far. After his "OK" i'll pass the beta to existing customers who want to try it.

Hi folks,

except from two minor GUI issues (easy to fix) no technical problems were found here and sound is very good. From my point of view AO 1.22b2 is ready for public beta testing.

Christoph

I'm running my single PC in Core mode, AudiophileOptimizer, J.River 19, and no JPLAY. I find Sever Standard GUI unoptimized absolutely unlistenable. That's what you have to look forward to. You haven't heard anything yet.

There are some power tweaks that will greatly help as well.

Interesting, I am thinking of trying this - I find JRiver to outperform JPlay, at least in W8, as wondering how Windows server plays with JRiver compared to W8? Also is there MMCSS service in Windows Server? I know from experience this service is important to audio performance in W8.

Hi

Yes, MMCSS and Windows Audio related services are available in GUI and minimal-server mode, but not in core mode.

Kernel Streaming is the way to go, so i don't think that it's a big loss that no WASAPI support is given in core mode.

General Information: on a Server OS services like MMcSS and Windows Audio Service, AudioEndpointBuilder etc. are disabled by default. So if you really have no other choice than using WASAPI, you need to set thos services to automatic start.

but again, WASAPI/MMCSS etc. is not recommended. It adds to many layers, dll's, exe etc. Not very small foot print.

Kernel streaming needs only one dll and one sys file and and a couple of registry entries and thats it, it's a much more direct way for a driver to communicate with the hardware. Definitely the way to go.

IMHO, there is no need for MMCSS anyway if you are in core mode and ran the Optimizer with all Options. You will end up with 5-7 running proccesses and about 15 threads :-) absolutely no need for MMCsS.

best,

Phil

Thanks for the information Phil, I am more interested in using Asio driver or KS. BTW is there an option for an offline mode that kills network services? I guess I could create a couple of batch files of my own for this if need be, but I am no Windows or IT expert so this would take considerable research.

Hi

what exactly do you mean with offline mode?

if you want it to, the Optimizer disables all drivers and services that are not absolutely needed for the OS to work.

Hi Folks

The second beta version of the AudiophileOptimizer 1.22 is now available. This is the changelog:

Version 1.22b2

=============================================================

- Introduction of Express and Advanced mode

- More filesystem related optimizations

- CPU related optimizations

- One new Digitial-Filter mode (windows system default setting)

- One new Sound Signature (windows system default setting)

- Possibility to enable/disable HPET

- Boot-Manager Text changed to "AudiophileEdition 1.2x"

- Several minor changes

- ServiceEnabler 1.41

- mytek_dac.cmd

- map_drive.cmd

Express Mode is interesting if you don't want to answer any questions. It will automatically choose

a balanced set of options and result in a very nice sound system. With the advanced mode you have

all options in your hands as you where used to it in the past.

There are some new Tweaks for the filesystem and some new CPU related tweaks. On my system clearly

a step up in SQ. But since the level is already very high, don't expect miracles sound wise. Also new is

the possibility to set SS and DF to the windows defaults settings. so you can compare how the OS

sounds with those two parameters left untouched. i do not recommend using these two modes, but

a lot of customers wanted to have the ability to hear the default values -> so here you are :)

There are several new cmd files as well, on of it makes the Mytek DAC fully work in core mode as well.

mytek_dac.cmd needs to be run after the Optimizer. map_drive.cmd is an example script to map a

network drive in core or minimal-server mode.

The ServiceEnabler has been completely rewritten from ground. In all previous versions, it just loaded

a backup of the registry part containing all service start information. This method had some negative

side effects in rare cases. 0,5% of the customers where affected with those side effects. The completely

rewritten version of the ServiceEnabler does not load any registry backups any more, it uses direct

commands to restore the desired service state. This is a much cleaner way of achieving the same

result.

I will send the link for beta2 of the AudiophileOptimizer 1.22 via Email to those who like to try it.

Have fun,

Phil

Awesome. Would love to try it Phil! Thank you for the continued development.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I completed my dual PC system about a week ago with my old i3 and i5 processors. Of course, it was optimized with Phil's optimizer. The difference in SQ is easy to detect.

In the building process, I have to reinstall/restore from backup twice because I converted to core mode too soon. In core mode, it is not easy to do your maintenance you normally do in GUI mode. Given that the AudioPC is a "just play" PC, I have converted that to core, but I am staying in GUI in my ControlPC until I am sure I have taken care of all the "bits and pieces".

Enjoy the new SQ in your music.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

Phil, I just spent a bit of time trying out the latest beta and as you mentioned the improvements are subtle. In my system, I noticed a slightly clearer, more pure sound as if the noise floor was lowered. Thank you for continuing to improve an already awesome product.

Other components:

I completed my dual PC system about a week ago with my old i3 and i5 processors. Of course, it was optimized with Phil's optimizer. The difference in SQ is easy to detect.

In the building process, I have to reinstall/restore from backup twice because I converted to core mode too soon. In core mode, it is not easy to do your maintenance you normally do in GUI mode. Given that the AudioPC is a "just play" PC, I have converted that to core, but I am staying in GUI in my ControlPC until I am sure I have taken care of all the "bits and pieces".

Enjoy the new SQ in your music.

Congrats on getting your system up and running. I'm about to start putting mine together next week.

When you say you had to reinstall/restore from backup, do you mean that you restored WS2012 from a backup? If so, what did you use to backup and restore it? Had you already activated WS2012 when you restored it? I'm concerned about activating WS2012 and being unable to reactivate it if I want to start over.

Phil, I just spent a bit of time trying out the latest beta and as you mentioned the improvements are subtle. In my system, I noticed a slightly clearer, more pure sound as if the noise floor was lowered. Thank you for continuing to improve an already awesome product.

Did you use the new Express or Advanced modes in the new beta? Or are the subtle improvements not related to those new features?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Congrats on getting your system up and running. I'm about to start putting mine together next week.

When you say you had to reinstall/restore from backup, do you mean that you restored WS2012 from a backup? If so, what did you use to backup and restore it? Had you already activated WS2012 when you restored it? I'm concerned about activating WS2012 and being unable to reactivate it if I want to start over.

Yes, restoring from backup copy of Windows 2012. Before you convert to core or minimal server, search for Backup in Windows 2013 and you will be given options to backup. I did a bare metal and system image backup. And that proved to be very useful when you want to go back to the system state before converting to core.

I didn't activate Win 2012 at all. I installed from a USB stick created with Windows 7 USB tool. And for some reason, no activation needed. Refer to Phil's Guide. It's documented there.

Good luck. It's well the worth the effort.

Hi

what exactly do you mean with offline mode?

if you want it to, the Optimizer disables all drivers and services that are not absolutely needed for the OS to work.

Sorry I should have said disable network processes. I'm not sure how many of these can be safely disabled as there seems to be complicated dependencies.

Did you use the new Express or Advanced modes in the new beta? Or are the subtle improvements not related to those new features?

I used Advance mode because I need Remote Desktop and network services for my NAS. I am pretty sure the improvements are more related to the other tweaks that Phil mentioned in his post above.

Other components:

Yes, restoring from backup copy of Windows 2012. Before you convert to core or minimal server, search for Backup in Windows 2013 and you will be given options to backup. I did a bare metal and system image backup. And that proved to be very useful when you want to go back to the system state before converting to core.

Can you explain what you mean? Is the backup software part of win server 2012 or do you mean search for Backup in Windows 2013 on the web? If so, maybe you have a link?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Within Windows 2012 itself. You can also find it if you look under Control Panel. But the items are different from those in Windows 7 or 8. That's the reason for the search.