IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

MS Fall Creator's Update will start rolling out 10/19.  Looks like MS has a bunch more half baked stuff in it.  Phil, I guess you have your work cut out for you.  MS just seems intent on including incomplete, buggy infrastructure that is barely exploited with no documentation.  I have deferred feature updates on my production instance of Windows 10.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 2 months later...

@AudioPhil is there anything I may have disabled with AO that would prevent my Windows 10 Pro system from working as a DLNA server?  I want to use MinimServer on this system and have BubbleUPnP on Android see it as a DLNA media server.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Hi

Well, „disabling network related drivers and services“ would certainly end with this result. I recommend not using this feature in your constellation.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Well, „disabling network related drivers and services“ would certainly end with this result. I recommend not using this feature in your constellation.

That is obvious and I have not disabled network related drivers and services.

It might be obvious for you and me, but believe me, that doesn‘t mean its obvious for others.

no, nothing hindering DLNA then.

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 4 months later...

Hello fellow AO users and friends

It has taken a long time for AO 2.20 to get finished... 2017 wasn't exactly my year, i suffered several health issues and a lot of stress. It was forseeable already in 2017 that i couldn't finish all the work on AO 2.20 so with the release of AO 2.20 Beta 5 I also announced that (due to the long delay) AO 2.20 will be a free upgrade. This should make up a bit for the long waiting time, even when it meant an enourmous financiall loss for us. There never was a free upgrade in the history of AO so far, to remeber and explain, only the updates in between major upgrades are free of charge.

The plan was to release AO 2.20 back in december 2017, but things once more didn't come as I expected them to do. The day after the beginning of our holidays i was feeling terrible pain all over and was emergency deliverd to the local hospital after a visit at my doctors. One day later, so one day before christmas, i almost died in the hospital.... With a ton of luck and more than just one guardian angel i survived and since then i am recovering pretty well. 

Finally last week I could finish all the work and testing on AO 2.20 and finally release it. All AO customers are recommended to upgrade to the latest version as always. Since this is the first major upgrade which is free of charge i allowed myself to put a donation button on the download page. This button is meant for long term AO customers who still want to honor my work of the last and this year. Donations are certainly welcome, but not necessary.

Those who just bought AO or upgraded from an older version like 1.40, please do not consider a donation!

So let's have a look at the change log once again:

Version 2.20
===========================================================================================
AudiophileOptimizer 2.20
- Enables WASAPI in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables Kernel-Streaming in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables WDM Drivers in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables Sound Control Panel in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (en-US only)
- Enables Device Manager in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (en-US only)
- Enables RoonServer & RoonBridge in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables TIDAL in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables MMCSS in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows 10 Build 17133 (April 2018/Spring Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- AO disables automatic maintenance (Win10/Server 2016)
- Up to 14 more disabled services (All OS'es)
- Update of "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature for Windows Server 2016
- Minor changes and updates
- Ability to disable Cortana (Windows 10)
- Ability to remove Windows Defender (Windows Server 2016)
- Updated MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016
- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016

ServiceTool 2.20
- Support for Windows 10 Build 17133 (April 2018/Spring Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- Important update of the reset feature
- Update of js.cmd and jm.cmd (now exits back into command prompt)
- Reset does no longer disable network bridges
- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 23 & 24 (x86 & x64)
- Kodi Shell Replacement
- Alchemy Shell Replacement
- HQPlayer NAA Shell Replacement
- Roon and HQPlayer Shell Replacement (starts Roon and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- RoonServer and HQPlayer Shell Replacement (starts RoonServer and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support
- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016 (since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

Setup 2.20
- Enables Device Manager in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (en-US only)
- Support for Windows 10 (RTM, Anniversary, Creators Update, Fall & Spring Creators Update)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of the PDF Guide

upgrade.jpg

...enjoy it! :)

Best,

AudioPhil

Phil we must have a connection.  I was in the hospital in serious condition this past Christmas as well.  I'm very glad to hear you're making progress with your recovery.  I really understand the guardian angel thing.

12 minutes ago, rickca said:

Phil we must have a connection.  I was in the hospital in serious condition this past Christmas as well.  I'm very glad to hear you're making progress with your recovery.  I really understand the guardian angel thing.

Glad you are better now !

Hi Phil and very best wishes for your Health.   I think I can safely say all here on CA hope you return to the peak of condition and live to be a 100 :)

I am running 2.10 (B5) with WS2012 R2 and JRiver 18.   Looking at the above Change Log it is mostly about WS2016 and W10.  I'm presuming there is really no need for me to update.   Any thoughts.

Regards Cazzesman

1 hour ago, Blueline said:

Is there a guide how to install Windows Server 2016 in Core mode

step by step

It's super easy.  There will be a prompt during the installation process asking if you want gui or core.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

On 5/1/2018 at 1:17 AM, Cazzesman said:

I am running 2.10 (B5) with WS2012 R2 and JRiver 18.   Looking at the above Change Log it is mostly about WS2016 and W10.  I'm presuming there is really no need for me to update.   Any thoughts.

Hello all

First of all, thanks a lot for all your best wishes, i highly appreciate them. I did have to sort out a few things which led to several changes in my life. I think I am now back on track, at least my health is getting better each day! :)

Yes i have a few thoughts on the quoted statement above, and for natural reasons i absolutely disagree. I quote myself from another forum, a post I made yesterday:

I do some tweaks with all new versions but i tend to not mention it in the changelog and rather enjoy people experiencing it themselves. Sorry, you got me! :-) As I always say, no matter what OS one is using, no matter if something on the changelog looks interesting or not, or if the changelog looks like its more in favour of windows X or Y... it‘s ALWAYS recommended to be on the very last release, there are many many reasons to do, and many of them are not visible in the changelog :-)

@Cazzesman, you should follow the discussion below and study the posts regarding SQ improvement on final 2.20. I am absolutely sure you will update very soon if not today! :) Start reading here -> http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/885-windows-server-2012-audiophile-core-edition/page-114#entry43300

Looking forward to hear your feedback over here! :)

Best,

AudioPhil

14 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

audiophile-optimizer-setup-guide.pdf

285/5000

Do not feel I got an answer to my question

If I install Audiophile Optimizer in GUI
I do not have any problems with that

But in CORE, how do I install Audiophile Optimizer?

In core, I can not click on any installation file

Is it like installing in MS-DOS?
14 minutes ago, Blueline said:

285/5000

Do not feel I got an answer to my question

If I install Audiophile Optimizer in GUI
I do not have any problems with that

But in CORE, how do I install Audiophile Optimizer?

In core, I can not click on any installation file

Is it like installing in MS-DOS?

yes, you have to open a command prompt, navigate to wherever the AO setup file is and run the exe file.  Basic understanding of DOS definitely helps.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments