IGNORED

JRiver Media Centre 19 for Mac - transition issues from iTunes library

barito7

G'day CA fans

Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to transition from iTunes to JRMC?

I am simply assuming that I use the import function and point JRMC to where my iTunes library is located and it does the rest, however, after thinking about it JRMC crashes - screenshot attached.

1. I am still on the trial (want to make sure this works before purchasing)

2. The library is large 800gb, has video and music.

3. Is on a firewire drive connected to a mac mini

Any suggestions would be great whilst I search the JRMC Wiki.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 6.34.15 PM.png

Rega Brio-R, Calyx Coffee, Monitor Audio, MacMini Server (intel) 2011

If you post a a report of the issue on JRiver's Interact forum they are very good at looking into issues such as this.

JRiver Media Center 19 for Mac

The library size should not be an issue, mine is over 2 terabytes and imported successfully into JRiver 19.

Using a firewire drive should also not be an issue.

Also I would recommend downloading the most current version of MC19 if you have not done so already, as over the past few releases they have addressed a number of issues.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

JR 19 is beta software so it has some issues however you can either use the import function or you can set JR 19 for "Auto Import" (tools, options, library folders) and it will do the rest. I prefer the latter alternative.

Many thanks for the recommendation. I am not pleased that I lost my number of plays after upgrading and rebuilding the library from scratch.

Many thanks for the recommendation. I am not pleased that I lost my number of plays after upgrading and rebuilding the library from scratch.

In MC18, backup the library (File > Library > Back up library...).

In MC19, restore the library and optionally settings (File > Library > Restore library...).

All metadata, playlists, settings, etc. will be preserved.

Matt Ashland, JRiver

Thanks All for the advice, I think it is my firewire drive...it might be playing up or JRMC doesn't like it. I've tried both MC18 and 19 now and they both seem to like my internal drive not the external firewire.

Cheers Charles

If you post a a report of the issue on JRiver's Interact forum they are very good at looking into issues such as this.

JRiver Media Center 19 for Mac

The library size should not be an issue, mine is over 2 terabytes and imported successfully into JRiver 19.

Using a firewire drive should also not be an issue.

Also I would recommend downloading the most current version of MC19 if you have not done so already, as over the past few releases they have addressed a number of issues.

Rega Brio-R, Calyx Coffee, Monitor Audio, MacMini Server (intel) 2011