IGNORED

What you listen in your car audio?

What you listen in your car audio?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the top OEM car audio systems do things the aftermarket cannot touch - HK and some others have been attracted to the car audio market and have engineered some systems about as good as it can get

OTOH, you could select a car based on its function as a wheeled land vehicle...

An interesting comment about Harman Kardon, were you thinking about a specific car or implementation that you have heard? I'm actually pretty happy with my current car, but I have owned it a while and have started casually looking around and thinking about what to buy next. I notice that on some mid range BMW's there is a Harman Kardon 'surround sound' (whatever that means?) speaker upgrade option. In this UK this is an extra £675, which does not seam a lot, all things considered. I've no idea if it is any good though.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 4 weeks later...

Where music is listened. Let's look to first picture to car audio

http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-news/are-you-really-listening-to-the-music.html

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

On 3/12/2017 at 5:53 AM, Confused said:

An interesting comment about Harman Kardon, were you thinking about a specific car or implementation that you have heard? I'm actually pretty happy with my current car, but I have owned it a while and have started casually looking around and thinking about what to buy next. I notice that on some mid range BMW's there is a Harman Kardon 'surround sound' (whatever that means?) speaker upgrade option. In this UK this is an extra £675, which does not seam a lot, all things considered. I've no idea if it is any good though.

I forget where I saw it but there is a sort of white paper posted online somewhere showing tweeters mounted in the A pillars (an xlnt place to put them BTW).  Could be hk?

My interest is in aftermarket for a couple of old vehicles I have and I'd love to have a tiny enclosure for a tweeter that fits into the corner formed by the A pillars, windshield & dash.

I'd love even more to have a nice head unit with USB or an ipod for input, FM, AM and easy to use that does NOT look like some kid's wet dream of a pinball machine...