IGNORED

What you listen in your car audio?

What you listen in your car audio?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The FM on my car's head unit is really terrrible, so I have given up on FM. I usually listen to SiriusXM and occasionally plug in my iPod touch, loaded with Apple lossless files.

I used to have SiriusXM but I let it go because it sounded so lousy - worse than 32 Kbps MP-3!

George

Usually (for daily commute) 192K files recorded from Radio Paradise onto iPod and played through the basic car stereo. I love no commercials.

New car coming with 6 speakers and 110 watts, digital radio, etc. I'll probably still listen to Radio Paradise.

Greg

Pono player with CD-quality files, DVD Audio, SACD, and Hi-Res audio. The interface could be easier but the quality of the music is better than the output quality of the audio system. All in all, it is about the best possible sound without going way overboard.

Mike

Pono player with CD-quality files, DVD Audio, SACD, and Hi-Res audio. The interface could be easier but the quality of the music is better than the output quality of the audio system. All in all, it is about the best possible sound without going way overboard.

Mike

I like my Pono for the car also. And on the riding mower! :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

CD and Radio (business news radio).

The sound quality in my car is bad and my car is noisy. So I prefer talk radio since music just sounds bad.

Cars in the Netherlands are about twice as expensive as in the US and 20 to 80% more expensive compared to our surrounding countries (Belgium and Germany)

[br]

The sound quality in my car is bad and my car is noisy.

I suppose, most significant noise is produced by tires. May be wind on high speeds, sometimes.

Summer tires is hard enough for better steering control. I think, the hardeness is reason of additional noise.

In winter I use studded tyres it give more noise than summer ones.

Especially on dry road.

When speed is increased, it like to taking off plane.

Me need audiophile tires :)

I listened about sound isolation of wheel arches, but while have no time to do something.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

A highly strung but, dynamic octet from Maranello in Italy, I conduct myself with two feet and typically two fingers... I really do prefer live music ;-)

Music room: Mac Mini>DCS U-Clock>DCS Puccini/Mytek Brooklyn>ATC SCM 50ASL

Library: iMac>Schiit Modi>Schiit Sys>Genelec 8020

Travel: iPod Classic>Fostex HP-P1>Beyerdynamic DT1350

I suppose, most significant noise is produced by tires. May be wind on high speeds, sometimes.

Summer tires is hard enough for better steering control. I think, the hardeness is reason of additional noise.

In winter I use studded tyres it give more noise than summer ones.

Especially on dry road.

When speed is increased, it like to taking off plane.

Me need audiophile tires :)

I listened about sound isolation of wheel arches, but while have no time to do something.

Summer tires? Winter tires?

I use the same tires all year round on my trusty but not so rusty 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.0GL.

But I spend more money on audio then on cars.

[br]

I use the same tires all year round on my trusty but not so rusty 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.0GL.

Here (South-West of Russia) half winter is snow, other half - rainy (sometimes with snow and/or ice on road).

At North and East of Russia snow full winter.

Winter tires really help to drive.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33670[/ATTACH]

How this device transmit sound to car stereo? Via tape head?

Therefore, one of the criteria I've used for my last 3 cars was for a quiet passenger compartment (2 Lexus and a current MB). The MB I have now has this stereo in it:

Harman Kardon Automotive Mercedes Benz E Class

There's an accommodation for a direct iPod connection in the glove box (complete with its own fan to keep it cool), so as does #40, I use a 160gb iPod classic, loaded with AIFF files as a playlist from my library. Currently, that is 250 albums @ 16/44.1. All runs through my in-dash controller, so easy to use, accommodates GIS and phone calls, etc.

Sounds pretty good to me. There are some benefits to getting old, after all.

mp3 files in the MINI Copper. Losing myself to music / audio while driving is not a good idea. I prefer to pay attention to the activity - driving - which my car promotes.

Silverline Sonatina < Moth Audio s45 SET < Shunyata Hydra < PS Audio UO < i-Fi SPDIF iPurifier < Schiit Modi Multibit < Chromecast Audio

I used to have SiriusXM but I let it go because it sounded so lousy - worse than 32 Kbps MP-3!

While SiriusXM is not ideal, the sound quality apparently does vary widely from head-unit to head-unit. While my current head-unit does a decent job with SiriusXM, previous head-units were horrible.

mQa is dead!

Ozzy's Bone Yard on SiriusXM. Sound quality is horrid compared to a CD. Not sure if XM compresses the crap out of the source, but was surprised how much better a CD sounded even within the same genre, which is not always the best of recordings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Dahlquist DQ-10 Speakers DQ-LP1 crossover 2 DW-1 Subs

Dynaco Mk III Mains - Rotel 991 Subs

Wyred W4S Pre Gustard X10 DAC

SOtM dx-USB-HD reclocked SOtMmBPS-d2s

Intel Thin-mini ITX

While SiriusXM is not ideal, the sound quality apparently does vary widely from head-unit to head-unit. While my current head-unit does a decent job with SiriusXM, previous head-units were horrible.

I completely agree on there being significant differences between head-units, and I've even seen major sonic differences with certain Sirius/XM home radios. My Polk unit, in particular. Also, the sound quality and compression can vary widely from station to station, which I truly cannot understand!

JC

I drive a 4WD truck full of tools and equipment. It is simply too loud for me to enjoy much music. I listen to NPR if anything.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I like measured driving in heavy car and listen on CD relax music (any genre) and blues, rockabilly, rarely oldschool techno and classical.

Radio give too many advertizing and DJ's talks. These things break the mind rhythm that achieved by music.