IGNORED

KEF M500 Headphones

Wow these headphones sound incredible! I wasn't too sure on the design until I actually had them in my hands. They don't look so 'big' in person as they do in the pictures. Very light weight and comfortable.

I purchased 3 headphones from Amazon as I wanted to compare the sound of them all:

KEF M500

Bowers & Wilkins P5

Martin Logan MIKROS 90

This was my first experience with B&W and Martin Logan. I started off with the P5's and liked they way they sounded until I put on the M500's. The mids on the M500's had the most noticeable change for me. Vocals sounded natural and smooth. Treble sounded even while the bass was nice and tight. I guess the best way to describe the sound when compared to the others was that it sounded neutral and full bodied.

The MIKROS 90 seemed bright to me lacking any warmth. I really didn't like they way these sounded.

Love the way the memory pads feel and they do offer a good amount of isolation. Build quality is excellent too. Comes with a zippered clamshell type of case. Excited to hear how these will sound after a couple of days.

Wow these headphones sound incredible! I wasn't too sure on the design until I actually had them in my hands. They don't look so 'big' in person as they do in the pictures. Very light weight and comfortable.

I purchased 3 headphones from Amazon as I wanted to compare the sound of them all:

KEF M500

Bowers & Wilkins P5

Martin Logan MIKROS 90

This was my first experience with B&W and Martin Logan. I started off with the P5's and liked they way they sounded until I put on the M500's. The mids on the M500's had the most noticeable change for me. Vocals sounded natural and smooth. Treble sounded even while the bass was nice and tight. I guess the best way to describe the sound when compared to the others was that it sounded neutral and full bodied.

The MIKROS 90 seemed bright to me lacking any warmth. I really didn't like they way these sounded.

Love the way the memory pads feel and they do offer a good amount of isolation. Build quality is excellent too. Comes with a zippered clamshell type of case. Excited to hear how these will sound after a couple of days.

I just bought these last week, after auditioning both the Martin Logans and the B&W P5s and came to the same conclusion. I particularly like that they include an iPhone compatible mike cord so that they can be used with my iPhone when I'm on the road for conference calls, etc. Plus they sound great :) in a warm, smooth, refined sort of way.

Nothing like my HiFiMan HE-500s, but also not nearly so heavy / bulky, so nice to take on the road.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

KEF M500

Bowers & Wilkins P5

Martin Logan MIKROS 90

Hello djvitamind,

I have been using the M500 for several months. Your description of their performance is accurate and matches my experience. I do not use headphones very often. Delighted when I started using the M500 at various times when needed.

They get better over time. If you enjoy them now...

Enjoy the music,

Richard