IGNORED

FLAC Player for iPAD and iOS 7 - FLAC Files Above 48/24 Res are Accompanied by White Noise and Clicks

kramnotwen

Hi guys,

I have emailed Dan Leehr the developer and am awaiting a response, but in advance of that just wanted to let you know that what was stable under iOS 6 now plays FLAC files above 48/24 with white noise over the top of the music accompanied be sequential clicks. I am using an iPad 4 with retina display, Apple Camera Connection Kit and a HRT microStreamer.

This post is in no way intended to be derogatory but simply to make you aware should you be contemplating upgrading to iOS 7. FLAC Player is a great app that I am hoping can be updated to play nicely with iOS 7 and files up to 96/24, as was possible under iOS 6.

All the best,

Mark

Hi guys,

I have emailed Dan Leehr the developer and am awaiting a response, but in advance of that just wanted to let you know that what was stable under iOS 6 now plays FLAC files above 48/24 with white noise over the top of the music accompanied be sequential clicks. I am using an iPad 4 with retina display, Apple Camera Connection Kit and a HRT microStreamer.

This post is in no way intended to be derogatory but simply to make you aware should you be contemplating upgrading to iOS 7. FLAC Player is a great app that I am hoping can be updated to play nicely with iOS 7 and files up to 96/24, as was possible under iOS 6.

All the best,

Mark

I can confirm the same issue with both FlacPlayer and iPeng and 24/96 material going to Audiolab MDAC from an iPad3 via the CCK to USB.

16/44, 16/48 and 24/44 and 24/48 have no issues.

The combo was fine on ios6.

• 2 months later...
I can confirm the same issue with both FlacPlayer and iPeng and 24/96 material going to Audiolab MDAC from an iPad3 via the CCK to USB.

16/44, 16/48 and 24/44 and 24/48 have no issues.

The combo was fine on ios6.

I used the FLAC Player for years but recently discovered the Onyko HF Player App. It blows the FLAC Player away. Onkyo | Onkyo HF Player App Offers Precision Equalizer, 192/24 Playback on iOS Devices