IGNORED

ISO conversion of SACD files to DSD files + Macosx

Now I finally found a solution to extract SACD ISO files on the fly. No need for Terminal, or the SACD-Xtract software...

I just use AudirvanaPlus … This cool software has ALL I NEED!!!!!!

There is an option: "Add Files To iTunes" in AudirvanaPlus.

Be sure first to uncheck the two boxes in the iTunes Prefs->Advanced: "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library".

I then drag my ISO file to the new opened window, set the "Quality of the proxy files to "Uncompressed" and whushhhh…. AudirvanaPlus extracts, and converts all the files I need. And adds them to iTunes too ;)

When finished, remember to tick the two boxes in iTunes again.

Hours, or even weeks of conversion are just done within minutes now.

Best Regards

KK

Are you sure? I think you have only a "link", in iTunes, to the files of the ISOs.

I agree. Am using A+ with ISO instead of DSF as it perform better with gapless. In addition, no need to split ISO files after ripping with PS3

Of course those are proxy AIF files...iTunes has never supported ISOs or DSD files. Damien's solution (called iTunes integration; there is still, of course a desktop option that doesn't use proxies) still works, if you like the idea of having A+ do all that work, decompression, etc (many ISOs have DST compression). Me personally, I think extracted stereo DSF files sound significantly better, as there is much less cpu overhead, and I cannot live with the poor metadata in ISOs.

..they are still just the stereo file right?..

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Just run the bat files/scripts, same as always. Here they are again:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/MACOSX.zip

ISos are image files and contain both stereo and multichannel content (if mch is present). Extraction creates a folder of either "layer", stereo or multichannel. I have my library of SACDs in folders of both. I'm a huge multichannel fan.

Sure Ted. No kiddin" LOL! So what's the rub here with AudirvanaPlus..?? why aren't we all doing this again?? I don't get it. Is it really that simply? Does it allow an itunes user to store the stereo and multichannel files within itunes? And if so what is the point if the Oppo can't be fed anything more than 24/192 stereo via USB? (see my other thread in this same section)...

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

^ you know what is 2? maybe 3?..(or is it 5 years now.. LOL) that we still don't have a half decent gapless multichannel streamer and/or DAC..

... the (DSD) wheels on the bus go 'round and round. 'round and 'round... 'round and 'round... the wheels on the bus go....

..the bozos in the bus go up and down..up and down..up and down..the bozos in the bus go up 'an.. :)

Wap, I'm not sure what your point is. This thread has nothing to do with Oppo. It's about the long-standing capability of A+ to read ISOs and store proxies in iTunes. And now that A+ has joined the ranks of those players that can do multichannel. What you decide to do with a player and a DAC has always been your option. Me, I have DSD-capable DACs that play stereo and multichannel, and if I were still on MAC I'd have A+ as a very viable player option.

Ted. With all due respect (And I say this sincerely because I do respect you ted).. immensely... that your multichannel playback solution though incredible as it is..is not mainstream and not "box ready" to just roll out to even the most avant multichannel fan..

So my point is..what's the point of having the files in itunes if we can't play them from itunes? (Or JRiver for that matter)..

You need to get them into a DAC via USB (for Audirvana playback right?) ...or stream them via SMB or connect them up via an attached USB disc to the Oppo... Is there any other decent way?..

(Caveat: I'm talkin multichannel DSD files here)...

I play multichannel files from my computer via USB into my single box multichannel DAC very easily, WAP. Wait for my review (and no, it's not the Mytek stack). :) Let's stop hijacking this thread, though, ok.

Holy s&(*&)* Ted..!!! That's awesome..how was I to know? Sorry about that. :)

Sorry folks..back to the thread.. :)

• 10 months later...
Just run the bat files/scripts, same as always. Here they are again:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/MACOSX.zip

ISos are image files and contain both stereo and multichannel content (if mch is present). Extraction creates a folder of either "layer", stereo or multichannel. I have my library of SACDs in folders of both. I'm a huge multichannel fan.

BRILLIANT! Thank you Ted. :)

Synology NAS, Mac Mini 2011 (with SSD and 16GB RAM), Lampizator L4 Gen4 PCM DAC, Concert Fidelity CF-080 LSX2 line pre-amp, SGR CX4F active speakers, Apple iPad (as remote).

Software: OS X Mavericks, Amarra Symphony 3.0 with iRC/Audirvana Plus 1.5.12/, Remoter VNC (on iPad). CAD OS X script v2.2 (to remove redundant processes).

OS X Mavericks running from SD card; 8 GB RAM disk for music files.

All connected via a snakes nest of various exotic cables! ;o)

• 1 month later...

dsd files or CRAppy PCM?

Now I finally found a solution to extract SACD ISO files on the fly. No need for Terminal, or the SACD-Xtract software...

I just use AudirvanaPlus … This cool software has ALL I NEED!!!!!!

There is an option: "Add Files To iTunes" in AudirvanaPlus.

Be sure first to uncheck the two boxes in the iTunes Prefs->Advanced: "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library".

I then drag my ISO file to the new opened window, set the "Quality of the proxy files to "Uncompressed" and whushhhh…. AudirvanaPlus extracts, and converts all the files I need. And adds them to iTunes too ;)

When finished, remember to tick the two boxes in iTunes again.

Hours, or even weeks of conversion are just done within minutes now.

Best Regards

KK