IGNORED

Best bookshelf speaker you have ever heard

Totem Mani-2

Raihdo D-1

Dynaudio C1

Dynaudio Special 25

Focal Diablo Utopia

I really love the Mani-2 for the money it is a great speaker. The Raidho D-1 is also very very good but for that kind of money I would by something else.

I like you sir, think that the Raidho D-1 is a very very good speaker, BUT for 28k I would also buy something else, most likely a PANEL.

Chord CPM-2600 - integrated amplifier - Chord One - cd player - Acoustat 1+1 - speakers.

Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless

• 2 weeks later...

Have not seen too many speakers in this thread that would qualify as "bookshelf" speakers. Sure, they are "small", and they probably all sound amazing when set up properly with stands away from walls. But a bookshelf speaker (becuase of its location) has to be a compromise, and you don't spend 28k on a compromise.

I bought a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.1's about 12 years ago. They have been mounted on various shelves most of the time since then. I would not part with them. Not too heavy for a shelf, not too big for a shelf, provide decent sound without a subwoofer. Probably not the most "audiophile" of options, but neither is the location (a bookshelf). Can't buy them any more, but I guess the latest Dynaudio's of similar size are just as good.

• 2 weeks later...
Have not seen too many speakers in this thread that would qualify as "bookshelf" speakers. Sure, they are "small", and they probably all sound amazing when set up properly with stands away from walls. But a bookshelf speaker (becuase of its location) has to be a compromise, and you don't spend 28k on a compromise.

I bought a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.1's about 12 years ago. They have been mounted on various shelves most of the time since then. I would not part with them. Not too heavy for a shelf, not too big for a shelf, provide decent sound without a subwoofer. Probably not the most "audiophile" of options, but neither is the location (a bookshelf). Can't buy them any more, but I guess the latest Dynaudio's of similar size are just as good.

I tend to agree with you that most of the loudspeakers discussed in this thread are not bookshelf speakers, but actually standmounts.

As to a bookshelf speaker, does anyone have experience with the Vivid Audio V1s?

• 1 year later...

just reviving this old thread.

I currently have the MicroOnes and am having a hard time finding something superior at any price class. Will continue looking though, since I haven't heard many of the ones that were mentioned here.

Has anyone ever upgraded from their MMOs to another bookshelf/standmount?

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)

Exactly my reaction, & hence didn't get past the start, then flipped to here: you could drop Maggie20.7s in many of the standmount spaces!

BTW, I've got Fostex NF1s jammed in my A/V shelf, driven by the Loewe TV amp. I got them cos they're front-ported.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

• 2 weeks later...
I've not heard better than my Aerial 5b bookshelves

agreed -- very sweet speakers!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 1 year later...

Isn't "bookshelf" something of a misnomer? "Standmount" is a more accurate term. Anyway. I really like my DALI Epicon 2 standmounts--very transparent and detailed, yet not fatiguing. (And at "only" $8,000, something of a bargain!) I use them with an SVS Ultra 13 sub.

mYziQocrltL2bSEDmuWI2xKbo6_1FGzQ5RciR_VsrBH-QOCdvKpkdww3QwSJR3BiaLEsPwDTdczFqE12D8GfcxU7dPX_OniXD5TactGQnw2x6Xi6VF4vjBYEBEeTtdRUaormFaZZclTGehNLD1kg6qoP3GGRuVVgCfopOaBhWSG-J5ZTXQmZ2L6tmoZ-Cjjk7nkSmmeqU87VpS7SpuTBfOYVKBVHE83xnvSU4RJAuQ-Oxp8Lo-GCA3vymZKnUOr8qoKQWt5sZWJ_EyOXbrvJ9KekurmQImfH0od_aPdhYRWRWmpOHBzVZZ4Bb0pVbCtk2mlGV4E0-JOKR0Iabh4LhnOM_7yKPAtIVrVgjLHAOsR6DkGD9i6tiqVxbEJmEYA1o5qRTjZGiB3fXU5SMy9-O6IM0mMuSKooulcPgrsDG0O2zssuDExSKvZpQ7po4jdbyY0b0R9R9A-VgyecOnsVywa2b555X-XdszJSe7f0GHy1luyRr5NE_udZZ5GrnmAk7NlIzoTdBZVu40uHhPU-6IRhCvyyLnEmn1zpgq4K7nfB5pv8zZYVjaROdUqdHNNQYsiHkwRampLFR7s5w_cCsBF1VQUZg9MslJg345jZZtsQS4EIB0g=w700-h622-no

ZjRXW8rokqHAWl8waxOjjsxx7qunLQPl0qQhoJjBJ7AJ3gXbd6fgGnxELaoMMxB341V5vBJfcEjs_imJ-jdNtIQoLOppDVxu_3yXI6sFLgwMB4wXeGySPOBh7-mxHMmSURLnBRYHVFKBfxfGmPdDJyiUBPXYneh_2g11K4yOyApjhTCLtE9mB2UHsphA7m9QmbD7HfkhoHA3wqG5ntRIFlcS0YoZBnAfkGp2o_Q49qwZAAEYrfcrNuD2QahqivrFHBmkL7_Vm9rBhf1QTellA6w48_ndfJxazMJ6dfFOzl063eQ_2WWHvb2SN3dVqTfg2SBJF-Ra3k-ziCNZVtQqfRQZyYXHdJoIxjTK3sbO07ucojv-3gr6vIX1VW7383IEICzUayPYTwc_FvtZwfIiG8YUogTJvZInDO2Jo94F0stnmhDqRnsOCmVy2bbH2lTTCTtJsyEYTwZAfAkOXZmnO8VylfePwRDONxPQycepqM6AQElXixErMfLRTny5v7Xy_Rgo_rlgX667rW0KRViwUXErjuo4I5YMQDVAjvGNIEwWQJrjh6rVR_ida654wPei7lxS8FgRUiI7DX4mpe7t9UVms_j58Q0AqWqDpsxI3RDMXY43zps=w700-h611-no

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

• 1 month later...