IGNORED

Best bookshelf speaker you have ever heard

Wilson Duette (the first generation; haven't heard the new ones yet).

Best value in a bookshelf speaker? KEF LS50.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Not questioning the DIY gear BUT you already lose lots of money when reselling your name brand gear now imagine how you would lose with DIY gear not saying that it's not good just saying that MOST people consider DIY as crap sometimes true but not always here is a few photos of my DIY 1984 Acoustats 1+1s and let me tell you they are very far from crap.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7132[/ATTACH] - - - [ATTACH=CONFIG]7133[/ATTACH] - - - [ATTACH=CONFIG]7134[/ATTACH] - - - [ATTACH=CONFIG]7135[/ATTACH] - - -

Not about resale, the thread is about "the best bookshelf speaker you have ever heard"

Hey wison, The Micro's , Heard them at CAF, unreal for $2,500 can't wait for a review and measurements by Stereophile or TAS..

The Truth Is Out There

Not about resale, the thread is about "the best bookshelf speaker you have ever heard"

Hey wison, The Micro's , Heard them at CAF, unreal for $2,500 can't wait for a review and measurements by Stereophile or TAS..

I know what the thread is about it's my thread, but many are a little outside it, one more should not hurt.

PS: Kef LS-50 is a good little speaker BUT the best you have heard & Yamaha come on ?????

Chord CPM-2600 - integrated amplifier - Chord One - cd player - Acoustat 1+1 - speakers.

Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless

fwiw the best sounding bookshelves my ears have heard are the focal utopia diablo's

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

I wish I can say I heard dozens Of speakers over the years. I only had a pair of b&w 601s and then upgraded to dynaudio audience 40's. both are great values. I am jealous of all those that listen to pulsars, harbeth, Wilson's. i feel so inadequate.lol

After lots of listening and demos I went with my Revel Gems over the Joseph Pulsars and Wilson Duettes, but would have been happy with any of them and I anguished over the decision for months. They are the best I have heard personally, but I am sure the TAD's, Magico's and Raidho's are superior.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

It was not so huge to start with and I compare to the LS50s as they are instant classics that many have heard...and they sound great.

JBL Control 1's ... they are the 'best bookshelf speaker I ever heard' because they got me into hifi back in the mid-80s. :)

I actually bought a pair recently just for kicks and the memories.

But I'll be sticking with my LS50's for serious listening. ;-)

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

JBL Control 1's ... they are the 'best bookshelf speaker I ever heard' because they got me into hifi back in the mid-80s. :)

I actually bought a pair recently just for kicks and the memories.

Very cool mac_and_dac. I bought a pair JBL Century L100's in 1972 and had them for 30 years before I finally upgraded and gave the JBL's to my brother in-law. It was also my first big hi fi purchase, plus my hearing was maybe 5000 Hz better than than it is now! I didn't plan it this way but, as it turns out, every Thanksgiving I get to hear them again. My current speakers are the best bookshelf speakers I've ever heard: the original Gallo Stradas(as opposed to the updated Gallo Strada 2's) with the Gallo TR3 subwoofer, of course. I toy with the notion of getting Mapleshade stands for them but I can't get past the uber price(1500 USD for a pair of stands to use with speakers that individually retail for 999 USD apiece).

Esau

fwiw,just for sh*ts and giggles heres my list of best sounding bookshelves that I have heard in different budgets.there are many many more that sound just as good but these stick out to my ears. these are some of the speakers that I actually heard owned or own now.

$200 - Cambridge audio s-30

$500 - kef q300

$1000 - ascend acoustics sierra-1

$2000 - kef ls50

$3000 - reference 3a mm cappo I

$5000 - focal electra 1008 be

$10,000 - dynaudio confidence c1

above - focal utopia diablo

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

fwiw' date='just for sh*ts and giggles heres my list of best sounding bookshelves that I have heard in different budgets.there are many many more that sound just as good but these stick out to my ears. these are some of the speakers that I actually heard owned or own now.

$200 - Cambridge audio s-30

$500 - kef q300

$1000 - ascend acoustics sierra-1

$2000 - kef ls50

$3000 - reference 3a mm cappo I

$5000 - focal electra 1008 be

$10,000 - dynaudio confidence c1

above - focal utopia diablo[/quote']

The Kef LS-50 sell's for $1,500.00 in Montreal Canada - - - Audioville Montreal | About us - - -

Chord CPM-2600 - integrated amplifier - Chord One - cd player - Acoustat 1+1 - speakers.

Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless

Thanks man,

I would not believe if I had not heard them myself. I dont think they can be beat at that price...

Not the best i have heard BUT pretty good for the price.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7176[/ATTACH] Proac Tablette Reference 8 = $1.800.00 - - - [ATTACH=CONFIG]7177[/ATTACH] Tannoy Prestige Mini Autographs = $2,000.00 - - -

I've got a pair of the little Tannoys and I like them because they make music without sounding as though they are trying too hard. Maybe some small speakers might sound super detailed and what have you, but if it is all a bit artificial and the music gets lost, then it doesn't count for much. I can't say I've heard any small speakers which cost 28 thousand dollars though, and maybe they do something magic that the Tannoys don't.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > 2Qute+MCRU psu; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

• 3 months later...

What is the best bookshelf speaker you have ever HEARD ?????

This system, small as it may be, will kick the ass of most high end systems at many multiples its price tag.

Backed up by two sub's each packing 2 x 10” woofers

Perfect integration through RoomPerfect™ room adaptation technology.

SL.jpeg

S-series stereo system

1 x SP-1 Stereo Processor

2 x A1 Digital Stereo Amp 2 x 200W @ 8ohm

2 x S15 2 way speakers

2 x S210 2 x 10" mono subs

USD 25.000,-

S15 speaker size:

26.0 x 20.0 x 7.9 cm - 4.4 kg

10.2 x 7.8 x 3.1 in - 9.7 lb

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

No I haven't. What are the major changes between the 1007 and 1008 iterations?

I have no idea, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is a larger tweeter cone. Whatever they did, it made a difference though. I listened to both and passed up a pretty sweet deal on the 1007s to get the 1008s.

I found this: The Audio Beat - Focal Electra 1008 Be Loudspeakers

The two-way 1008 Be became the latest beneficiary of the larger Beryllium tweeter in Focal's Infinite Acoustic Loading (IAL) configuration. The pure-beryllium, inverted-dome tweeter is identical to that found in the Utopia range. Its dome is 27mm; it used to be 25mm. Infinite Acoustic Loading has bought with it a startling and useful extension downwards in bandwidth. By opening the space to the rear of the dome, allowing it virtually infinite air volume, the resonance frequency, which is always a limiting factor in tweeter design, has been pushed way down. By utilizing this driver, Focal was able to lower the crossover point to 2200Hz, so frequencies normally handled by a relatively heavy midrange/bass driver that would also be working with very low frequencies are now dealt with by this remarkable tweeter.

No electron left behind.