IGNORED

Best bookshelf speaker you have ever heard

What is the best bookshelf speaker you have ever HEARD ?????

I have heard many very good ones but the best one is ( for me ) the Raidho D-1 but it is 28k

Raidho D-1 speaker  & Jeff Rowland.jpg

Chord CPM-2600 - integrated amplifier - Chord One - cd player - Acoustat 1+1 - speakers.

Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless

The best ones I've heard are also some of the expensive Sonus Faber ones. Pretty much all their bookshelves, and especially the ones costing 10K a pair and up, sound amazing.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

A funny thing it is …….how we all have our own perceptions, experiences & preferences……

I just heard those Raidho D-1’s at the Capital Audiofest three weeks ago………at $24k (without the $3k stands) I found them to be at least $16k over valued & felt the JosephAudio Pulsar to be far superior at one third the cost.

DSCF8456_zps1bac2af5.jpg

DSCF8451_zps43eae51f.jpg

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

What is the best bookshelf speaker you have ever HEARD ?????

I have heard many very good ones but the best one is ( for me ) the Raidho D-1 but it is 28k

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7101[/ATTACH]

TAD CR-1, the Magico Mini, Focal Diablo Utopia ,

but since I can't afford those I purchased the J.M. Reynaud Offrande Supreme Vr2 and the Usher BE-718 , I sold the J.M.R. to help with the purchase of a 69 Camaro for a restoration project. The Usher's for the money still sing along.. But like anything with the "best" it's all about personal opinion and your wallet...

The Truth Is Out There

If you like BASS, the Raidho D-1 are very impressive. Everything else they do well. I would agree that if they were around a ~$5K to $7K then I could see them almost worth the money. I still had some reserves about the clarity in the upper range on them.

Over all though, they were impressive.

The Joseph Audio Pulsars were equally impressive as the price point was much better and what one would expect for a speaker such as that. The Pulsars were more neutral I felt, no colorization. However, they weren't neutral to the point of boring, they were lively and had a great sense of energy to them. Over all very impressed. I know WKHanna would've bought them there on the stop if he had the money. ;)

A funny thing it is …….how we all have our own perceptions, experiences & preferences……

I just heard those Raidho D-1’s at the Capital Audiofest three weeks ago………at $24k (without the $3k stands) I found them to be at least $16k over valued & felt the JosephAudio Pulsar to be far superior at one third the cost.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7113[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7114[/ATTACH]

Yes Bill you're right but the thread is not about the price it's about the sound being a panel guy i would NEVER spend 28k on a bookshelf but for ME it's the best bookshelf i have ever heard and i have heard quite a few in 40 years plus.

PS: These stats cost my friend 15k to rebuild, i can only imagine what he could do with 28k.

Acoustat Spectra 8800 10.JPG

Chord CPM-2600 - integrated amplifier - Chord One - cd player - Acoustat 1+1 - speakers.

Depends how big your bookshelf is! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7116[/ATTACH]

Hey, that is part of the public library in downtown Kansas City, MO! I know the project quite well as I had some minor involvement in the development.

Kansascitylibrary_zpsb846bf0e.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

............. the thread is not about the price it's about the sound .....

Agreed, this is why I stated I have heard bookshelves whichsound better (to my ear) which simply happen to be far cheaper.

Btw, one of the better ‘sounding’ rooms (to my ear)at this year’sCAF……..

DSCF8465_zpsbac648e6.jpg

Bill

Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne, even better than the KEF LS50.

I am still looking for the subwoofer!

No wonder they are selling like hot cakes even after they raised prices.

I have a pair of Heil AMT Aulos not yet hooked up. They are no sloches either.

I am still looking for the subwoofer!

No wonder they are selling like hot cakes even after they raised prices.

I have a pair of Heil AMT Aulos not yet hooked up. They are no sloches either.

When the mm micro ones were released their price was around USD5000 something. They sold out within a short time couldn't get any. After a time of months they were available again, but their price exceeded inflation by 60%, must be some foreign country going bad to buy the varnish or a complete fu on the sourcing of components.

For that price now, there is a lot more competition out there, the original price was truly mouth watering, sorry guys you lost the sale.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

When the mm micro ones were released their price was around USD5000 something. They sold out within a short time couldn't get any. After a time of months they were available again, but their price exceeded inflation by 60%, must be some foreign country going bad to buy the varnish or a complete fu on the sourcing of components.

For that price now, there is a lot more competition out there, the original price was truly mouth watering, sorry guys you lost the sale.

That's very true. For a bookshelf you can have built or DIY Selah Audio here in the states does a pretty good job at a decent price, not to mention they provide measurements. Monitors

The Truth Is Out There

That's very true. For a bookshelf you can have built or DIY Selah Audio here in the states does a pretty good job at a decent price, not to mention they provide measurements. Monitors

Not questioning the DIY gear BUT you already lose lots of money when reselling your name brand gear now imagine how you would lose with DIY gear not saying that it's not good just saying that MOST people consider DIY as crap sometimes true but not always here is a few photos of my DIY 1984 Acoustats 1+1s and let me tell you they are very far from crap.

Interface 01.JPG - - -

Keep It Simple 1600 X 1200.JPG

Base 01.JPG

Interface 02.JPG

1 and a half,

Tell me more about the pricing. In Europe i know the price is CHF4,500 with stands and I read the price in the US is $3,500 up from $2,500 a year ago. I assume this is with stands too. can you confirm?

The CHF, swiss franc is about par with the dollar now.

The Selahs look sweet, but i guarantee you the EA Micros have deeeep bass (a true 40hz response) and I was in a demo room with 3 systems whose components totalled $350K approximately. The Micro, the Mini2 and the MM3s all powered by darTZeel amps.

The Micro was in no way embarrased in this exhalted company and yes, I went searching for the hidden sub-woofer!

The Selahs look sweet, but i guarantee you the EA Micros have deeeep bass (a true 40hz response) and I was in a demo room with 3 systems whose components totalled $350K approximately. The Micro, the Mini2 and the MM3s all powered by darTZeel amps.

The Micro was in no way embarrased in this exhalted company and yes, I went searching for the hidden sub-woofer!

With the RIGHT speaker you don't need sub woofer ( s ) to screw up the sound , for ME subs are for home theater.

Heheh

have you tried the TBI Magellans?? Extremely quick with no bass lag to mess of the fundamentals.

Definitely NOT HT subs those...

In any case, my point was that the Micros had such bass that i THOUGHT those small speakers MUST have SW help to sound like that.

Sort of like these

I have heard the Cirrus Black......not my cup of tea.....too bright even for my half century plus ears.

Otherwise, an OK box.

Bill

Well, yes, they better be superior to the LS50's given the huge price difference.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC