IGNORED

exaSound e18 - e20 - e28 - Info and Experiences Post All Here

My e20 MKIII with clock upgrade should arrived sometime next week.

Maybe I will borrow my friend's Chord QuteHD and Benchmark DAC2 to compare it again.

When I did comparison last time with e20 MKII, me and my friends all thought, sound signature wise

e20 falls somewhere between DAC2(fast attack, immediate, upfront & can sound bright in my system) and

QuteHD (relaxed, slightly laid back and slightly flatter presentation).

I am getting Teddy Pardo PS as well so I will chime in on how after market power supply

further improves already great sounding DAC.

SR Tesla Plex SE > 8 PS Audio Noise Harvesters > Blue Circle PLC Thigee > HiDiamond P4 > HQ Player > Jitterbug > USB Adapter > Regen > USB adapter > exaSound e20 mkIII (with TeddyPardo PSU) > High Fidelity CT-1UR > Emotiva XPA-1s > OTA Storatos SC > Magnepan 3.6R custom crossover + 2 REL T-7

I am using e20 mk ii for 3 months now and this for sure is a keep. I ordered too Paul hynes sr3 psu for exa and multirail for caps zuma, coming this september.

Has anyone tried here a separate pre amp for exae20? I remember ted_b used a separate pre amp when he review exa but its worth more than 10k usd alone. Currently i am auditioning at home a new Audio Research LS27 tube preamp for 3 days only. What i am hearing now is a very tight and punchy base after a day of playing different flac files. One album i tried is Bob Marley.

I learned that this preamp needs more than 200 hrs to break in and i will not reach that to hear its potential. I hope maybe some guys here has any experience with a separate pre amp and can share it.

Thanks a lot.

Exasound | Audio Research | Bryston | Kef Reference | Chord Signatures | JL Audio | Anthem Statements

My e20 MKIII with clock upgrade should arrived sometime next week.

Maybe I will borrow my friend's Chord QuteHD and Benchmark DAC2 to compare it again.

When I did comparison last time with e20 MKII, me and my friends all thought, sound signature wise

e20 falls somewhere between DAC2(fast attack, immediate, upfront & can sound bright in my system) and

QuteHD (relaxed, slightly laid back and slightly flatter presentation).

I am getting Teddy Pardo PS as well so I will chime in on how after market power supply

further improves already great sounding DAC.

I think a number of people would like to see a comparison with the Chord QuteHD. I wonder if the Teddy Pardo for the e20 would also work with the Chord?

I am using e20 mk ii for 3 months now and this for sure is a keep. I ordered too Paul hynes sr3 psu for exa and multirail for caps zuma, coming this september.

Has anyone tried here a separate pre amp for exae20? I remember ted_b used a separate pre amp when he review exa but its worth more than 10k usd alone. Currently i am auditioning at home a new Audio Research LS27 tube preamp for 3 days only. What i am hearing now is a very tight and punchy base after a day of playing different flac files. One album i tried is Bob Marley.

I learned that this preamp needs more than 200 hrs to break in and i will not reach that to hear its potential. I hope maybe some guys here has any experience with a separate pre amp and can share it.

Thanks a lot.

Hi jhameeh, Very interested in your experience with the ARC LS27 as I'm considering the same.

Thanks a lot.

I see you have an Anthem D2v 3D. How are you using or plan on using an analog audio preamp and the Exasound DAC with the Anthem ?

Hi jhameeh, Very interested in your experience with the ARC LS27 as I'm considering the same.

I have 30 hours on the tube now. This pre amp is really a good in terms of bass, very, very tight and punchy. It has a rich tone and it is throwing a big sound stage and more micro details. The volume has 104 steps, and I am playing only from 25 to 40 via remote, and my speakers are already loud. Still running it since yesterday and waiting for more reasons to justify the cost. Good preamp overall, tomorrow I will start playing again exa's pre amp and will see the difference. ARC said from manual, that this baby needs 600 hrs break in to give its full potential. I have to decide within 3 days...

Exasound | Audio Research | Bryston | Kef Reference | Chord Signatures | JL Audio | Anthem Statements

I see you have an Anthem D2v 3D. How are you using or plan on using an analog audio preamp and the Exasound DAC with the Anthem ?

I am using Anthem for movies and concerts and some music with DSP engaged. For 2 channel I am using ExaE20 plus the ARC LS27 as pre amp (for now).

Arc LS27 has a HT Bypass input called PROCESSOR input. I connect ExaE20 as CD input to LS27(via RCA cable), and connect Anthem D2V to Processor input (via RCA cable). ARC LS27 has Unity Gain when using the Processor Input which will disable the VC of LS27. ARC LS27 is connected directly to my 2 channel Bryston power amp. If I want to watch movies, I will just push the button "PROC" from ARC remote control and the Anthem can use now the Bryston power amp to power the main speaker.

9589140807_acb4e1ff48_b.jpg

You currently Have all the units I am thinking of incorporating into my system.

Would it be possible for you to compare your current setup with the Arc LS27 and then only using the Anthem 2 channel in ANALOG DIRECT without the Arc LS27.

In other words first with the Arc preamp and then only the Anthem in Analog Direct.

I would be most appreciative.

Stew

have all the

I am using Anthem for movies and concerts and some music with DSP engaged. For 2 channel I am using ExaE20 plus the ARC LS27 as pre amp (for now).

Arc LS27 has a HT Bypass input called PROCESSOR input. I connect ExaE20 as CD input to LS27(via RCA cable), and connect Anthem D2V to Processor input (via RCA cable). ARC LS27 has Unity Gain when using the Processor Input which will disable the VC of LS27. ARC LS27 is connected directly to my 2 channel Bryston power amp. If I want to watch movies, I will just push the button "PROC" from ARC remote control and the Anthem can use now the Bryston power amp to power the main speaker.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7372[/ATTACH]

You currently Have all the units I am thinking of incorporating into my system.

Would it be possible for you to compare your current setup with the Arc LS27 and then only using the Anthem 2 channel in ANALOG DIRECT without the Arc LS27.

In other words first with the Arc preamp and then only the Anthem in Analog Direct.

I would be most appreciative.

Stew

have all the

Hello Stew,

Before I bought the Exa, I've already thought of using the analog direct of Anthem, that's the plan. Before integrating to Anthem, I listen to exa, but directly connected to my power amp. I break in first the exa for 3 weeks and have a good experience with the sound of it. Its really, really good. Very clean and fluid, nice highs and low bottom end and very engaging listening to music.

I've tried the Anthem as pre-amp because I want to integrate everything for good 2 channel music and movies. Anthem D2v is top notch in movies and concerts plus music with DSP engaged. If ARC (anthem room correction) is properly used, you will be rewarded.

When I used the Anthem as pre amp for Exa, I didn't like the sound what I am hearing. Its not clean, its grainy and a little bit harsh on highs. Maybe I've already used to Exa's clean sound. I think I will never go back to that arrangement. Better to directly connect the exa to power amp.

When I used the ARC LS27 as pre amp (I have now 36 hours on the tubes), I think this is another level of improvement for SQ. Clean, fluid, rich tone and very tight and punchy bass but not tiring. Good dynamics even at low volume. Still under break-in and a long road to its true potential, lots of room for improvements, but for sure LS27 is delivering the goods.

Regards,

Jhameeh

Well, I hope to have the e20 MK III with .082ps optional clock end of today.

As soon as I have a chance to do demo I will report what I hear. I will give my first impressions and then let the e20 settle in for a few days and report back.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

TO ALL.

I am looking for anyone who is using ANY type OR brand outboard power supply with the exaSound DAC and what results they got compared to the stock power supply.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Hi tgx8. Which TP model did you order? Thanks.

Not ordered yet. You will need Teddy 12V 2A ps and if you have mki or mkii - inner connector size: 2.1mm

If you have e20 mkiii - connector size is : 2.5mm

I just received mkiii with .082ps clock upgrade.. After a quick listening session, I left it playing quietly to burn-in for few days.

I played DSD256 and some hi-res PCM materials that I am very familiar with and it sounded slightly different from e20 mkII I had before.

Not going to try describe the sonic differences yet.

SR Tesla Plex SE > 8 PS Audio Noise Harvesters > Blue Circle PLC Thigee > HiDiamond P4 > HQ Player > Jitterbug > USB Adapter > Regen > USB adapter > exaSound e20 mkIII (with TeddyPardo PSU) > High Fidelity CT-1UR > Emotiva XPA-1s > OTA Storatos SC > Magnepan 3.6R custom crossover + 2 REL T-7