IGNORED

Seeking advise on CD/DVD-Rom Drive to transfer CD into Mac

Hi, am looking for a optical drive to transfer all songs from my music CDs into my Mac, may I ask for recommendation and advise from any audiophile brother here?

I'm using iMac and iTunes to store music data, the built-in drive sometime doesn't work and CD jammed inside sometime, so I bought a LaCie slim DVD+/-RW to replace the built-in because it seems that the LaCie is specially made for Mac, but it doesn't work after a while, so I want to get another one that can transfer music data into my Mac perfectly.

- Does anyone know any really good CD/DVD-Rom Drive in the market?

- I found one from a Japanese brand called "Buffalo", is this good? or actually the core of it is same as LaCie?

Buffalo Inc.

Thanks for helping

I recently purchased the one linked below from OWC to go with my Mac mini. It is a tray type which I read are more accurate. So far so good, much faster than the Apple external SuperDrive. I should note that using iTunes for the ripping is very fast with this reader but XLD is still agonizingly slow.

OWC MRF82SD24S Mercury Pro 800/400+USB2+eSATA... in stock at OWC

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

• 4 weeks later...
I recently purchased the one linked below from OWC to go with my Mac mini. It is a tray type which I read are more accurate. So far so good, much faster than the Apple external SuperDrive. I should note that using iTunes for the ripping is very fast with this reader but XLD is still agonizingly slow.

OWC MRF82SD24S Mercury Pro 800/400+USB2+eSATA... in stock at OWC

I bought the exact same OWC drive several months ago, and I've been very happy with it.

Fast and accurate rips....not on my music computer (Mac Mini) but on my work computer (iMac).

In fact, much faster than the iMac's internal DVD/CD drive.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++