IGNORED

Those little gold-plated, two-pronged RCA inserts...

I don't know if anyone else has this issue on a Peachtree unit, but those two-pronged, gold-plated rca inserts keep getting stuck onto my cables and are being pulled out from the plug when I remove a cable. I don't do it often but I would like to audition new DACs and need to swap cables as I have only one set of good ones. I tried to find the inserts online but I don't really know what they are called and I have not had much luck. Also, Peachtree wants me to return the whole unit for a non-warrenty repair, which seems unnecessary as the unit works fine.

Thanks.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Sometimes referred to as dual Pomona plugs.

Google

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I don't think that is the piece. Here's a picture of my cable with the two-pronged gold cap sticking out.

image.jpg

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Here's another photo.

image.jpg

Going by the rear view of a DACiT, http://www.needledoctor.com/Peachtree-DACiT-D-A-Converter-Image-2.jpg

they appear to be normal RCA plugs and sockets. The one in your photo appears to be damaged. You may need to replace both the onboard RCA sockets and the RCA cable.

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Going by the rear view of a DACiT, http://www.needledoctor.com/Peachtree-DACiT-D-A-Converter-Image-2.jpg

they appear to be normal RCA plugs and sockets. The one in your photo appears to be damaged. You may need to replace both the onboard RCA sockets and the RCA cable.

Regards

Alex

Before I just pulled out the pulled out gold-plated sleeve from the iNova out from my cable. I can do that again. My question is why can't I just buy the gold-plated sleeve as it does not appear to be soldered on to anything? It just has two plugs that go into the iNova.

I don't think that is the piece. Here's a picture of my cable with the two-pronged gold cap sticking out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6058[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry to tell you have a lack of Zinc (from the little white spot on your thumb nail).

Also, excess Calcium (accumulated near your wedding ring finger radiography). Maybe too much dairy products?

I never saw such an RCA connector like this, thanks Alex!

Roch

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, djvitamind. I am somehow glad that someone had the same problem.