IGNORED

Qobuz removed all the Rhino/Warner/Atlantic material

Last month I downloaded some Atlantic albums from Charles Mingus, Modern Jazz Quartet and Ornette Coleman in 24/192, and now all those albums are gone on Qobuz ...

Other albums from those labels that I had put in my Qobuz Favourites list are no longer there, the links that I bookmarked in my browser lead to an error message.

The albums are still available on HDtracks, but still that's quite a step back in the availability of hi-rez downloads.

Claude

That's one thing that has had me worried about the move to downloads: the eventual development of monopolies through each label having only one allowed download source. It was probably bound to happen eventually. I just hope we won't see too many cases of a label aligning itself with a site that restricts itself from distributing content to large portions of the world.

That's one thing that has had me worried about the move to downloads: the eventual development of monopolies through each label having only one allowed download source. It was probably bound to happen eventually. I just hope we won't see too many cases of a label aligning itself with a site that restricts itself from distributing content to large portions of the world.

Agree. You'd have thought that the industry has learned the lesson from the iTunes store: make music available in an easy way everywhere, and people will go there. But many of the recent issues with downloads only being available in some regions makes me think record companies still live way too much in the past.

Does anyone know why the titles were removed?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I checked again in more detail. Warner is still present on their site with lots of albums, but all the Atlantic classic jazz titles previously available in hi-rez are gone

Warner Bros. - Télécharger et écouter les albums.

Almost all the albums now are in CD quality only. Using the "Studio Master Garantie" search filter, only 26 titles remain:

For example, I had bought the Don Cherry "Hear and Now" album in 24/192. That entry is now gone, but an older offering of the same album (CD quality only) is still online:

Hear & Now | Don Cherry - Télécharger et écouter l'album

Claude

I checked again in more detail. Warner is still present on their site with lots of albums, but all the Atlantic classic jazz titles previously available in hi-rez are gone

Almost all the albums now are in CD quality only. Using the "Studio Master Garantie" search filter, only 26 titles remain:

For example, I had bought the Don Cherry "Hear and Now" album in 24/192. That entry is now gone, but an older offering of the same album (CD quality only) is still online:

Hear & Now | Don Cherry - Télécharger et écouter l'album

Maybe it is simply the number of licenses they bought for those downloads was used up an they didn't/haven't bought more?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I sent them a message but haven't received an answer yet.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the files, they are the same as on HDtracks. The one's I've heard sound very good (I compared them to CD releases of the same albums), and if there was a technical problem, not all albums would be affected.

Claude

Maybe this is the key to answer:

Screenshot.jpg

From the Modern Jazz Quartet - the Comedy 1st Track - Spanish Steps

Ehhm, yeah, I know Robert, I see this completly wrong....

Albert Einstein: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Maybe this is the key to answer:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5920[/ATTACH]

From the Modern Jazz Quartet - the Comedy 1st Track - Spanish Steps

Ehhm, yeah, I know Robert, I see this completly wrong....

Sorry not to rise to the bait, Chris, but I don't go for bullies.

The other possibility, for conspiracy theorists, is that because Qobuz have recently started offering bootlegs of some of this material (the CD-quality MJQ European Concert is an example of this), Warners yanked back the license.

Qobuz, due to differing copyright laws in Europe, have been playing in the muddy waters of 'public domain' where neither the artist or the rights owning label get a red cent. Of course, these companies offering 'public domain' material can never have a master tape or anything close to it. But it doesn't stop them from selling the material.

Is there a point relevant to this topic you and Chris want to make..

Not sure, but the only point relevant YOU make, is that all the HDTracks Download a superior because of 24bit (who needs superior mastering, who need frequency content above 22kHz, we don't need this). Everything from HDTracks is superior. POINT!

Albert Einstein: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Guys, please take your bickering elsewhere.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

@Julf: Don't think so, because of the post from @rwwjr44. This was my last post in this thread... So, feel free...

Not sure, but the only point relevant YOU make, is that all the HDTracks Download a superior because of 24bit (who needs superior mastering, who need frequency content above 22kHz, we don't need this). Everything from HDTracks is superior. POINT!

This is so juvenile I don't know where to begin.

Keep on trollin'.....

Pardon me, but the heated discussion lost me regarding the point made by the FFT diagrams: do they say that the HD version of this album looks all right or the opposite? Casually they look OK to me with no sharp cut-off, but then I could not see the chart very well on my monitor.