I am thinking of replacing the DAC. I currently use my iNova as preamp since I have the Rogue amp. I would like to keep it under $2000 and include the following:

• improved performance compared to the DAC in the iNova
  • DSD able
  • analog input as I have a phono preamp and turntable
  • multiple digital inputs
  • analog volume control

I was thinking of the Mytek, would this be an improvement when compared to iNova dac?

Thanks.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

I am thinking of replacing the DAC. I currently use my iNova as preamp since I have the Rogue amp. I would like to keep it under $2000 and include the following:

• DSD able
  • analog volume control

I was thinking of the Mytek, would this be an improvement when compared to iNova dac?

Thanks.

The Benchmark DAC2 HGC works for you if you live in the US (with the clarification that analog volume control is only for the analog input - the DAC2 controls the volume of digital sources digitally but with a 32-bit chip to give headroom). In Europe, the taxman and the middleman make sure the retail price is way above $2000.

+1 to the Benchmark. It has replaced an iDecco in my system and the difference is vast. The Benchmark is more transparent, it has a gorgeous, smooth and extended treble and it gives a much more coherent sense of space than the Peachtree. It traces and teases out the musical lines like nothing else I've heard. Other pluses are a superb sense of drama and a dead-quiet back ground making it play well at low levels even with my inefficient speakers. If I had a quibble it might be that one could find something a bit more tonally rich, but it's a pretty minor quibble for me considering how much it gets right. And you might find that your Rogue has a slightly rounder and fuller quality than my Quad, anyway.

Best,

Gerard

PS I don't know how much the headphone amp matters to you, but I have to say: although the amp in the Benchmark is very good the Peachtree's is much better. My only real disappointment. But it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

Thank you, Russ, Gerard and Boris, for the info. I will look into the DAC2 HGC. I don't use the headphone amp at all in the iNova. I dig both analog and digital for different reasons but both have equal weight in my system.

Jason

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

• DSD able
  • analog volume control

Thanks.

Let me be completly objective about this;

The Mytek 192 is fantastic!!!

Opps, think I lost my objectivity, but for $1595, you can't go wrong. IMO, don't buy anything unless you do a trial, even if it cost a few bucks to do so.

I'll try to be more objective the next time. :0)

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

Jim, try to stay on topic and more concise next time.

Jim, try to stay on topic and more concise next time.

Jason,

If you were just beng funny with your response, then none of the following applies, and it's nice to meet you. :0)

Or, if you were actually being critical;

The funny little post is the only one that refers to the Mytek you asked about, so actually it is the only one that is on topic. You need to specify what degree of conciseness you require of those who are going to stop what they're doing and take the time to repond to your need for help concerning a subject, that is if you are going to become critical about their response. I'll just leave it at that...

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz