IGNORED

Best computer speaker

I am looking for a bedroom system.

I thought about Mcintosh McAire...but wondering if there is any others equally good ....

need DAC , amp, and speakers all in one box. I am not looking for big bass...its my bedroom...need rich mid range with sound stage for soft music...

Thanks

Music after life

I am thinking about the same.

An SBT and powered monitors came to mind as one solution. Not sure if it would end up being less expensive but SQ would likely be better.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

ajay: Since you mention this is for a bedroom system, are you planning on using the system more for background music as you do other things, or would you be mostly be sitting in the sweet spot doing critical listening? I think the answer to that question may help the discussion.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

ajay: Since you mention this is for a bedroom system, are you planning on using the system more for background music as you do other things, or would you be mostly be sitting in the sweet spot doing critical listening? I think the answer to that question may help the discussion.

Good point...

answer is both...i read before sleeping (background listening) and then critical listening ( couple of songs) before falling asleep.

I am attending the newport beach audio show. If i get some suggestions hopefully can listen to it at the show.

Thanks!

Music after life

Good point...

answer is both...i read before sleeping (background listening) and then critical listening ( couple of songs) before falling asleep.

I am attending the newport beach audio show. If i get some suggestions hopefully can listen to it at the show.

Thanks!

Ajay: Audience has some desktop speakers called "The One". If you happen to see that setup at the show, and have the time to check them out and then post your thoughts here,that would be terrific.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Ajay: Audience has some desktop speakers called "The One". If you happen to see that setup at the show, and have the time to check them out and then post your thoughts here,that would be terrific.

Though just a speaker, but will definitely look it up and post here.

Thanks

Music after life

Though just a speaker, but will definitely look it up and post here.

Thanks

Sorry ajay, I just now realized the McAire has built-in speakers. I did not realize you were looking to an all-in-one system, but this does make sense for a bedroom setting. Of course, you could always just add the speakers to an integrated system+dac, that would be competitive with the McAire. Have fun at the show!

For me, although convenient, the close proximity of the speakers in an all-in-one system doesn't create enough of a soundscape and always reminds me of a boom box experience. For a bedroom where the typical listening arrangement is often impractical, I find omnipole speakers to be an excellent solution. I'd recommend a two part, simple streaming solution of a Denon Piccolo and a pair of Mirage OMD-5's .