IGNORED

C.A.P.S. Help Badly Needed

First post from a long time lurker, but I need help this time.

I built a CAPS v3 Lagoon yesterday. The build went smoothly. Installed Win8 32 bit and drivers for MB (including audio) & USB, installed JRiver. Machine boots and performs everything I've asked of it with one exception.

When I play a selection in JRiver, the software sees it and plays it to the zone I asked it to use (Player). But I'm getting no sound, which is the whole point of a Lagoon. I know CAPS can see the DAC (a Gungnir), and I'm certain the DAC knows about CAPS too, because it emits an audible click every time CAPS goes away, for a reboot as an example.

I've played around with all of the settings in JRiver, but I think I'm wasting my time there. My old music server just played out of the box to the Gungnir when I selected Player, the CAPS simply won't.

I was up all night with this issue, so I'm getting pretty frustrated and I really need some help.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kirk

CAPS Lagoon –>Cat7–>CAPS Zuma (or Oppo transport)–>Elijah AudioIsolate CU USB (or Jon Risch DIY Digital IC)–>PS Audio NuWave DAC–>Grover Audio ICs–>Belles Audio PreAmp–>Grover Audio ICs–>Marchand Audio XM44 Crossover–>Jon Risch DIY IC's–> Edge Monoblock Amps–>Jon Risch DIY Speaker Cables–>Aerial Acoustics 10t Speakers (and twin Paradigm Servo Subwoofers) Powered by a PS Audio P10

1. Did you turn on the power to the USB port of the SoTM card?

2. Does Windows sound work? When you boot up the machine, does the Windows chime come through the DAC?

3. If you plug the DAC into a regular USB port, does it work?

4. Do you know if Gungnir is compatible with the SoTM card?

1. Did you turn on the power to the USB port of the SoTM card?

2. Does Windows sound work? When you boot up the machine, does the Windows chime come through the DAC?

3. If you plug the DAC into a regular USB port, does it work?

4. Do you know if Gungnir is compatible with the SoTM card?

1> Where do I look to turn on the USB power?

2> No Windows sound at all either.

3> No the DAC doesn't work from the other USB ports either.

4> No I don't know if they're compatible and I'll check on it. But, since it doesn't work on the other ports either, that's probably not the problem.

5> No, I'm not using RM yet - still trying to just get set up.

Do these answers give you any other thoughts? Thanks!

Kirk

CAPS Lagoon –>Cat7–>CAPS Zuma (or Oppo transport)–>Elijah AudioIsolate CU USB (or Jon Risch DIY Digital IC)–>PS Audio NuWave DAC–>Grover Audio ICs–>Belles Audio PreAmp–>Grover Audio ICs–>Marchand Audio XM44 Crossover–>Jon Risch DIY IC's–> Edge Monoblock Amps–>Jon Risch DIY Speaker Cables–>Aerial Acoustics 10t Speakers (and twin Paradigm Servo Subwoofers) Powered by a PS Audio P10

1> Where do I look to turn on the USB power?

2> No Windows sound at all either.

3> No the DAC doesn't work from the other USB ports either.

4> No I don't know if they're compatible and I'll check on it. But, since it doesn't work on the other ports either, that's probably not the problem.

5> No, I'm not using RM yet - still trying to just get set up.

Do these answers give you any other thoughts? Thanks!

Kirk

I found the switch for the USB card, but it was already on, so that's not the problem.

I'm still lost and frustrated...

I found the switch for the USB card, but it was already on, so that's not the problem.

I'm still lost and frustrated...

SOLVED!!! I disabled the onboard sound in the Bios and when I rebooted, I got Windows sounds. Then I fired up JRiver and Magic happened.

Go figure??

Thanks,

Kirk