IGNORED

24b/192k Audio card recommendation, bypassing ADC DAC

Looking for recommendation on audio card for new system I'm building. I acquired the Benchmark ADC1 and will probably get the Schiit Bifrost as DAC.

Main purpose is to record/palyback vinyl & other analog sources at 24b/192k, into stereo system, not thru A/V amp.

Now since I'm bypassing both ADC & DAC in the audio card what function will it perform? Not an expert on this, but is the DTS handled by motherboard or audio card??

Also need an SPDIF Input (that can handle 192k) either on motherboard/audio card for the ADC1 output. Cant find a motherboard with SPDIF In, and most cards with SPDIF In seem to be higher end cards...

Any suggestion?

Thx!

Now since I'm bypassing both ADC & DAC in the audio card what function will it perform? Not an expert on this, but is the DTS handled by motherboard or audio card??

Also need an SPDIF Input (that can handle 192k) either on motherboard/audio card for the ADC1 output. Cant find a motherboard with SPDIF In, and most cards with SPDIF In seem to be higher end cards...

The main purpose for a sound card (vs onboard SPDIF) in this instance is that the sound card will provide better clocks and will probably be better isolated than the motherboard sound.

(At a reasonable cost) the ESI Juli@ has a lot going for it with SPDIF in as well as out. Above that look at Lynx and RME.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The main purpose for a sound card (vs onboard SPDIF) in this instance is that the sound card will provide better clocks and will probably be better isolated than the motherboard sound.

(At a reasonable cost) the ESI Juli@ has a lot going for it with SPDIF in as well as out. Above that look at Lynx and RME.

Interestingly that's the one I just got before reading your reply... Hesitated between the Julia and the 1212 but read the Julia has better software/drivers. Also I may just skip getting an external DAC, will see. Thanks

Hello i read about the ESI Juli@ it seem interesting but i do not need any DAC from this card i just want a coax digital output to feed my Audiolab Dac ( to be replace soon). I plan to invest 4 to 5 $k on it but my choice is not made yet.

since i want to build a solid state pc in my sound room ( to avoid noise) conected to my network and all my music stock on a NAS.

Do i Really need a expensive card ?