IGNORED

Noobie Needs Help Starting System

My cheap iphone dock in my kitchen died today

I have been saving for a new main audio system based around Peachtree pre and amp and a good pair of speakers.

I also want to play music in other rooms (hence the cheap dock).

Since my dock just died, I need to replace that immediately before I purchase the more expensive equipment

I've been reading forums left and right, but am still confused to how this technology works.

If I buy a Sonos system, will I be able to integrate that into a Peachtree system later?

Will I be able to control all music from the Sonos and Peachtree at the same time? That's what I'd really like to be able to do.

Is that what you'd recommend? Should I spend the money on the Sonos now in anticipation of the Peachtree based system because they'll work so well together? Or should I buy a cheap dock and just keep saving?

Is Sonos the right product for my needs or is there some other system that could interact with my computer and Peachtree?

I appreciate your help.

Sonos has advantages for doing it easily, should integrate seamlessly with any other equipment, and can expand as needed. The disadvantages are lack of hi-rez music as I believe Sonos transmission is limited to 16-44 (cd quality). What I do not know is if the bridge units will transmit hi-rez. In other words, use Sonos to network and use higher quality amps/dacs to play higher rez.

What this really comes down to is you need to decide what specifications you require: music quality, rooms, media storage and ancillary equpment (turntable, etc.) and your budget.

An inexpensive route would be to use Sonos or similar (Logitech?). An almost infinite array of options exist for paying more, either modest or high dollar.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers