IGNORED

Bricasti M1 After 2 Months and the Power Supply Upgrade and GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Hi.

Bought the Bricasti after a year's research and finally in home A/B audition versus Berkeley Alpha 2/USB and EMM DAC2x. Out of the box it sounded great and has gotten a bit better with some run in time, "sweetening" the highs with that time.

Within days of my unit being shipped Bricasti began installing an upgraded power supply. I called to inquire about it and the President of the company, Brian Zolner picks up on the first ring. I was sent the new supply and insured that it was "easy" to install myself. And it was easy ! Excellent upgrade sonically.

I had occasion to communicate with Bricasti a couple of times prior to this and every time Brian picked up the phone in answer. Prior to my purchase I called to find out about the product roadmap and philosophy for retrofitting new developments into the base of legacy equipment in the field. Brian is committed to this and certainly demonstrated that with the power supply.

I also had a concern on the analog out levels. The audition unit drove my amp with ease, the one I bought not so. More communication with Bricasti. Turns out the balanced outs have pots with set screws that adjust the output levels. Brian sent me a tone to use while making the adjustments along with the "how tos".

I spent last weekend mounting and hanging area rugs from my walls (tastefully selected by my understanding wife ! ) they are great acoustical treatments - remarkable in fact - and WAY less costly than alternative room treatments.

I'm running a CAPS Carbon with a 3Tb USB external drive(heading to NAS). Bricasti directly feeds a McIntosh Mc402 with Focal Diva Utopia Be speakers.

Next up when my wallet recovers: The Red Wine Battery supply.

Whole heartedly recommend the Bricasti M1 performance. Whole heartedly recommend the company behind it.

Briscatti is a great DAC. I have had it in my system, and although in a head to head comparo I preferred the more transparent Berkeley combo, I still think it is an excellent buy.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

I couldn't go wrong with any of the 3 I was auditioning. I could live happily with any of them. In my system the Bricasti had it slightly over the Berkeley and the filter adjustments created as good transparency as I've heard. I much preferred Bricasti's handling of mids to low registers over the Berkeley. Thanks for the comments