IGNORED

Concert / Musical Blu-rays - Your Favourites

Please post your favourites, and ones you feel are 'must haves' in a collection. Any genre.

0088697459489_500X500.jpg

Video is well edited (doesn't excessively chop and change camera view). Audio is very well done for a live event and is worthy of 24/96. The guest list is extensive; Sting, Josh Groban, Yo-Yo Ma to name a few.

joe bonamassa - beacon theatre - live from new York ;great performances from beth hart and john hiatt

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

police-certif_02.jpg

Ripping: PC with Win7 64bit and dbpoweramp reference | Music: MacMini 2011 | 16GB | Crucial 512GB SSD | Sierra | LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 6TB | La Rosita Beta New with La Rosita iTunes Plug-In | Pioneer BDP-LX88 | Rega RP6 with Ortofon 2M Black | Rega Aria MC/MM | Ayre AX-7e | Ayre Codex | Hifiman HE-400i | Mulidine Cadence |

Honestly, 99% of the concert DVD or BR I have come by leave me stone cold.

A very few do hold some interest. The Grateful Dead Movie is fantastic, a riot of a concert. Springsteen's Hyde Park concert is another. A bit further down on the scale is Dream Theater's Live At Budokan - and I am expecting that their soon to be released Luna Park concert will be even better. Another pretty decent one is Pendragon on BR and the Steven Wilson Get What You Deserve is aurally and visually spectacular, but as a performer he is a bit boring to watch.