IGNORED

Woman vocals - suggestions

Layla Zoe - sweet looks, great hair :) and rough blues-rock vocal proving that the spirit of Janis is still alive . I prefer raw energy of her her live recordings..

In duet with an acoustic guitar, exploring kitchen acoustics..

And in trio with Ina Forsman and Tasha Taylor. Don't they rock.?

On 2/22/2018 at 8:07 PM, tmkirst said:

The earlier suggestion of Jo Stafford spot on.

Elizabeth Fraser

The Staves - originals  = earwigs. Covers of Sufjan Stevens should not be missed (Chicago):

Unabashed fanboy here. Studio version now available from Nonesuch website as of 2/23.

A tribute of jazz covers dedicated to one of the finest singer-songwriters, Joni Mitchell.

"Portraits of Joni" by Jessica Molaskey

51zN2iQzSML.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

• 3 weeks later...

More appreciation for Dessa here - lyric excerpt from "5 out of 6", from the album "Chime"

...And I'm running a tight ship
Every deckhand here has a five-year plan
And a ice pick

They can write code, they can drive stick

I got an octave on you and a high kick...

1 hour ago, rando said:

By pop standards this song is a bit dated.  Very minimal backing and the stunning vocalist saw it get remixed a ton.  This live version is more sultry than most but was the best example of her natural voice I came across in a short youtube search.

Good call - London Grammar is guilty of having taste. Does a good job with "Wicked Games"

^ One of my wife's faves.

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

50 minutes ago, tmkirst said:

Good call - London Grammar is guilty of having taste. Does a good job with "Wicked Games"

In fact I dug up the Chris Isaak original after hearing her cover.  

I partially blame someone @accwai here who has been posting Initial D clips in "Song of the Day."  I put this one on just after sunset while watching an in car camera at 12 hours of Sebring (The uploader misspelled the title).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Buika

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics