IGNORED

Bus conflict with playback from 2nd internal (Data Doubler) SSD versus external storage HD?

I understand that one should avoid bus conflict, i.e. connect the external storage HD via FireWire when using a USB converter, and vice versa (my most likely setup: a Weiss FireWire converter and external storage connected via USB).

Now, if one installed a second SSD instead (in the optical drive bay), installing it as an individual volume accessible via the desktop (just like an external storage drive), is there any bus conflict there?

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

No. And there is no bus conflict when using firewire HDD and usb dac either. Plus very likely you will not be able to detect any sound deterioration when using usb hdd and usb dac either, especially if the HDD (and preferrably the DAC as well) has independent power supply. Just try and listen yourself :)

Thanks!

Should add OWC support advised me not to install a second SSD in a MacBook Pro (they sell all the tools needed to do it, but informed me the idea is to move the stock HD to the drive bay and install an SSD in its place, not two SSDs. I'll have to defer to their experience, even if admittedly I don't understand why this should be a problem).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.