IGNORED

Integer Mode: "Yes" in Audirvana Plus, "No" in BitPerfect

NWDave

DAC: Peachtree DAC*IT.

Hi all.

I looked through the threads and couldn't find an answer to this. Why would BitPerfect be telling me my DAC isn't integer mode capable but Audirvana is, or at least I assume it is, because with USB the green "INT" light goes on in the display?

Not a huge deal since both sound great, but if I'm missing a tweak or twock in BitPerfect, I'd like to know.

Thanks,

David

Why would BitPerfect be telling me my DAC isn't integer mode capable but Audirvana is, or at least I assume it is, because with USB the green "INT" light goes on in the display?

To the best of my knowledge, Audirvana Plus is the only playback software that implements integer mode under a Mac OS subsequent to Snow Leopard, so if you're running Lion or Mountain Lion, your situation makes perfect sense. If not, I'm stumped.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

To the best of my knowledge, Audirvana Plus is the only playback software that implements integer mode under a Mac OS subsequent to Snow Leopard, so if you're running Lion or Mountain Lion, your situation makes perfect sense. If not, I'm stumped.

--David

Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying that. My confusion stemmed from BitPerfect telling me that my DAC doesn't have Integer Mode as an option. In the Preferences, it has "NO" above the box to select for Integer Mode.

I didn't realize Integer Mode wasn't available in 10.8.2 for BitPerfect. My bad. Probably old news to everyone else here.

Thanks again,

David

I didn't realize Integer Mode wasn't available in 10.8.2 for BitPerfect. My bad. Probably old news to everyone else here.

It's definitely a question worth asking, since for a relatively long time -- until the release of A+ 1.4 (in December, I think) -- the rule was that if you wanted integer mode, you had to stick with Snow Leopard ... and of course, your DAC had to be compatible, which is still the case.

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Just to clarify what I realize is a confusing issue for BitPerfect users. BitPerfect would report whether or not the DAC is Integer Mode capable, even if the OS/X version was not. This is not really sensible, and we have changed that in the latest release (1.0.6).

Someone mentioned our BitPerfection beta. Basically, BitPerfect sells on Apple's App Store, and Apple rules the App Store with an iron fist. Unfortunately, BitPerfection violates several criteria for selling on the App Store (as would Audirvana with its Integer Mode implementation). Selling on the App Store is a double-edged sword. On one hand, we cannot sell BitPerfection there, but on the other hand, Apple has delivered 11,000 users to us already, and sales continue to accelerate!

At some point we will release BitPerfection via our web site, but we don't plan to do so in its current form.

This is the official BitPerfect support line.

• 7 months later...