IGNORED

Long USB v. Long Coax

My issues is as follows. The data is leaving the source via USB, being converted to SPDIF by a M2Tech Hiface2, and going from the Hiface to the processor via coax (with a powered USB hub to help out the Hiface). The total distance is 10 feet and, given the constraints associated with my se-up (seagate wireless plus to ipad mini to apple CCK to USB in an automobile with trunk mounted processor), one cable is going to be about 9 feet and the other cable is going to be about 1 foot.

Question: Assuming that good quality cables will be used, am I better off with a long coax cable or a long USB cable?

Thanks.

CraigS

My issues is as follows. The data is leaving the source via USB, being converted to SPDIF by a M2Tech Hiface2, and going from the Hiface to the processor via coax (with a powered USB hub to help out the Hiface). The total distance is 10 feet and, given the constraints associated with my se-up (seagate wireless plus to ipad mini to apple CCK to USB in an automobile with trunk mounted processor), one cable is going to be about 9 feet and the other cable is going to be about 1 foot.

Question: Assuming that good quality cables will be used, am I better off with a long coax cable or a long USB cable?

Thanks.

I would go with a long coax cable, preferable with BNC connectors at both ends.

Roch