IGNORED

A big "thank you" to these people for helping design this affordable ca system!!

​Theory is about to be replaced by reality with this freakishly affordable and easily upgradeable rig. I want to thank the following generous contributors (in order of appearance) for helping me find a path to my first computer audiophile system:

NOMBEDES

PAUL RAULERSON

DAVID “BLUESMAN”

MAYHEM13

ROBBBY

ELOISE “AUDIO_ELF”

THESTEWMAN

SHERWOOD

SPDIF-USB

JACKFISH

HELP FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD:

ANDREW BACON “AMPSARUS” RUTHERFORDDESIGN.COM NORTHRIDGE, CA

BILL “WKHANNA”

BOTTLEROCKET

SNOWMONKEY

Thanks folks! Behold the glory!

$536.00 (with cable upgrades):

Asus Netbook/Shiit Modi DAC/Denon DRA-1025r Receiver/Sat Speakers w/o filtering (VelodyneF1200 sub woofer and Canton Karat 920 DC)

Details

1A. Existing Asus Netbook (entire library will be stored & played from here)

1B. JRMCto be purchased and installed

1C. Harddrive tobe upgradedto1TBWDBlue 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM SataII 8MB Cache WD10JPVT

to:

2. AudioQuest Forest USB A to USB B 0.75m Digital Audio Cable

to:

3. Schiit Modi USB DAC

to:

4. AudioQuest Evergreen 3.28' RCA to RCA

to:

5. Existing Denon DRA1025r receiver (class-A)

to:

6. RCA "Y" adapters SI82YF- Stinger 2-channel 8000 Series

to:

7. 20' RCA to RCA BlueJeans LC-1 Dbl-Shielded Low Capacitance

and other end of “Y” goes to:

4. AudioQuest Evergreen 3.28' RCA to RCA

goes BACK into Denon's “Main In”, then to:

8. AudioQuest X-2 14 AWG 50' spool speaker cable

to:

9. Existing Canton Karat 920 DC bookshelf speakers (stand-mounted)

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair

One of the most important days in my life as an audiophile came when I realized that I hadn't listened to an entire track in months because I was too busy playing with my tri-amped, over-the-top, state-of-the-art system. Once I pared it down to the bare essentials, I started enjoying music again and never looked back. I've now been using the same preamp for ~30 years, speakers for ~35 years and turntable for ~44 years - thankfully, I kept them all while in my frenzied phase ('80s & early '90s).

So your assignment is to set up the system you've decided to build, and listen to 1000 consecutive tracks of music before changing anything except the volume. You are not to second-guess your choices. You are not to upgrade any components or software. You are to throw anyone who criticizes your system out of your home. And you are to enjoy every single note. Rock on!

David

So your assignment is to set up the system you've decided to build, and listen to 1000 consecutive tracks of music before changing anything except the volume. You are not to second-guess your choices. You are not to upgrade any components or software. You are to throw anyone who criticizes your system out of your home. And you are to enjoy every single note. Rock on!

David

Best advice ever.

Your wish is my command. I just listened to an entire CD straight through. That was the first time in many months. It was Radiohead Hail To The Thief and I didn't even skip the dirge. It was great.

Thanks again, David, for all you input.

Gary

One of the most important days in my life as an audiophile came when I realized that I hadn't listened to an entire track in months because I was too busy playing with my tri-amped, over-the-top, state-of-the-art system. Once I pared it down to the bare essentials, I started enjoying music again and never looked back. I've now been using the same preamp for ~30 years, speakers for ~35 years and turntable for ~44 years - thankfully, I kept them all while in my frenzied phase ('80s & early '90s).

David

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair