IGNORED

Fed up with iTunes 11 - Which previous version?

Alan Brown

iTunes 11 doesn't really do 'it' for me. The loss of some features, the way it searches for things, duplicates appearing in my library after the 'upgrade', annoyance at the ever increasing size of the program, clunky interface with the older Remote app, the way it plays on after an album now instead of stopping, random shuffling/missing tracks/playing tracks twice...

(To be fair for a moment, there may be ways around most of these minor annoyances, but I can't be done with it - it worked before and I'm going back)

I run a headless Mac mini, controlled via the Remote app with a 2nd gen iTouch (which I daren't update). Mucking about with the thing is a pain I can do without, as the whole thing worked flawlessly for months prior to iTunes 11.

Which previous version of iTunes would be most suitable to roll back to? I would guess 10.7 or 10.3, as it will work well with the recent versions of Audirvana+ and the Remote app.

I plan to delete everything (my music is on a NAS) and reinstall from scratch. My tagging is pretty decent, so shouldn't be too painful, and I can always run Bliss or similar on my NAS if I choose.

QNAP > MACMini 2015 > Audirvana+ > M2Tech Young DAC > Magnum MP250 Class A pre > Wonfor designed Single Ended Class A Monos > modified Triangle Antal ESW (Tellurium Q Black).

Did it! - Much happier now, everything works again...

You can save your itl and xml files, so it goes back together nicely. Helpful advice here. Don't skip 'pacifist', it's essential to get everything working nicely, as I found out.

No more updating for me, at least until JRiver for mac has no 0s or 1s in it's release number...

QNAP > MACMini 2015 > Audirvana+ > M2Tech Young DAC > Magnum MP250 Class A pre > Wonfor designed Single Ended Class A Monos > modified Triangle Antal ESW (Tellurium Q Black).

Did it! - Much happier now, everything works again...

You can save your itl and xml files, so it goes back together nicely. Helpful advice here. Don't skip 'pacifist', it's essential to get everything working nicely, as I found out.

No more updating for me, at least until JRiver for mac has no 0s or 1s in it's release number...

I hate to say it but my Pure Music/iTunes mix has not sounded right since the iTunes 'upgrade'. I already bought my J-River license and am impatiently waiting....

I simply do not believe Apple could cae less about music except as to how they can make money on it.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson