IGNORED

First multi-channel DSD playback solution with Mytek!

16 hours ago, Chopin75 said:

Do u mind explaining how the USB hub that I presume is split into 3 separate channels?

That particularly ingenious method is no longer viable on PCs as described since, as I understand it, the Mytek ASIO driver for this is no longer available for the newer model DACs.  OTOH, it can be done with a Mac since MacOS will support the configuration of a virtual multichannel output device.  I reported on this in the context of multichannel MQA but the arrangement applies to any format.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/music-round-84-multichannel-mqa

https://www.stereophile.com/content/music-round-84-multichannel-mqa-multichannel-mqa-again

17 hours ago, Chopin75 said:

And is there some clocking issue even with 3 identical DACs? So word clock for all is really needed? 

Yes, it is necessary with the USB hub methods.

I do have another multichannel multiDAC solution up my sleeve and I am working on a report of it now.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

12 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

That particularly ingenious method is no longer viable on PCs as described since, as I understand it, the Mytek ASIO driver for this is no longer available for the newer model DACs.  OTOH, it can be done with a Mac since MacOS will support the configuration of a virtual multichannel output device.

ALSA on Linux can do that too. You still need the clock sync, of course.

• 3 years later...

Hi me again, I have been trying to do Mulit-DAC doing 5.1 DSD but Coreaudio in Mac reclock it to PCM. From this thread (sorry too long to read so maybe an answer is there), I see Ted managed to do  DSD with 3 DAC. Now it appears ASIO can do native DSD and somehow connects 3 DACs. Now there is this ASIO4all - is this we should use to aggregate 3 devices ? I am not familiar with Win. Someone said Mytec no longer supports ASIO, but I am not using Mytec anyway.