IGNORED

Itunes 11 Cannot Read Files

bukweet222

Hello,

I would like to know if I am the only one having issues accessing their music files since upgrading to ITunes 11.

Prior to upgrading I had over 2.3TB’s of music and now it is showing that I have 1.98TB’s of music. I now get the dreaded ‘dead link’ warning, even though the files are still in the Itunes library and I have to point it to the file. This is extremely cumbersome because of the volume off affected files.

I have all the files stored on a Synology 411+.

I even tried starting a new library and adding the music files but some files are getting copied over and are not showing up in the library. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what is the fix? Is there one?

I am unable to restore to a previous point because none of the files are store on my Mac Mini.

Thanks,

Jason

It's sounds like you. May have already done so but verify in iTunes Preferences that the path to your library points to your Synology. Then you can try Library>Consolidate Library. Do you also have the boxes checked to have iTunes keep your library organized. I know some choose not to do this and want to manage their own file structure but I have always used it.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Hello,

Yes the path to the library is the Synology and yes I have checked both boxes. The fiiles that I have added to the new library are in the new directorty but they are not being displayed. I have read in other fourms that sometimes it takes awhile for them to show up, but it has been over a week now.

I have not done anything other upgrade to Itunes 11 which was done by accident because I lilke to wait several months before upgrading, generally gives Apple an oppotunity to work out some of the bugs.