IGNORED

Anyone successfully installed graphics driver on Caps V3 (Intel DN2800MT) MoBo ?

Anyone successfully installed a graphics driver on Caps V3 (Intel DN2800MT) motherboard ?

There are no Windows 8 graphic drivers for those boards available AFAIK.

I tried installing the supplied Win 7/32 driver - it installed just normal, but then I noticed that it makes the system crash when choosing some default desktop apps (like weather for example).

JRiver or Youtube (even at 1080p) works just fine with that driver.

I tried reinstalling the system twice (to find out what driver causes the system to crash). On a generic Win 8 graphics driver (no DN2800MT graphics driver installed) eveything works just fine.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Are you using WIndows 8 32bit or 64bit?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

There are no Win 8 32 or 64 GPU drivers for this board, nor are there any 64-bit Win 7 drivers for it. The GPU on this board is not an Intel GPU, it's licensed from another company (whose name I can't remember right now). Intel have already stated that there will never be a Win 7 64 driver for this board, and hearing that, I wouldn't be too surprised if there's never any Win 8 drivers either. Search google for "drivers for Intel GMA 3650" and read up on this issue.

I not looking for 64-bit driver, be it Win 7/64 of Win 8/64, as I use Win 8/32-bit.

I'm asking for the graphics driver for this board, that would work with Win 8/32.

Adam

I not looking for 64-bit driver, be it Win 7/64 of Win 8/64, as I use Win 8/32-bit.

I'm asking for the graphics driver for this board, that would work with Win 8/32.

I installed the win7 32 bit driver without problems, just run the install program as administrator and with win 7 compatibility

Did you try using the apps from the desktop ? My system only crashes when I try to use those.

I have to admit though, that I installed the driver without choosing any Win 7 compatibility mode. How do you run that mode anyway ?

Adam

Did you try using the apps from the desktop ? My system only crashes when I try to use those.

I have to admit though, that I installed the driver without choosing any Win 7 compatibility mode. How do you run that mode anyway ?

Right-click on the exe file, choose properties. there you can select which compatibility mode you wish. Also there you can choose to run the exe file as administrator.