IGNORED

USB SACD ISO Streamer

So I have collected a large SACD collection. I have hundreds os SACD ISO's on a USB Hard drive. I am wondering is anyone has made a streamer that can playback these ISO's like Foobar does on a PC? This would same me constantly changing discs and I could invest in a high end DSD compatable DAC...

SS

Hi ss4,

I am using Audirvana 1.4 on a Mac Mini to playback SACD.ISO files. Do not use the iTune interface, use the player interface instead. Connection is via USB to my Meitner MA-1 DAC. You can control / select track on a iPad using either remote desktop apps like Jump or Slashtop.

(Audio)

Thanks for the info Audio,

I was trying to get away from using a Computer and just a USB or NAS directly...But, I might have to do the same:)

SS

For the moment DSD decoding is available with a Pyramix workstation, for OSX A+ as mentioned can decode .ISO and play via DoP to a compatible DAC. DSD requires a bit (lot) of horsepower to move the data about, a simple NAS or USB hard drive don't have the savvy to decode directly.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 2 months later...

Soooooo I ended up getting a net top pc with jriver. Connected USB to Teac ref 501 DSD DAC. All of my high res files(DSD & 24bit) stored on a WD 3TB USB drive connected to the net top PC.

I compare this to playing SACD discs on my Marantz reference SACD player. They are very close, but the Teac DAC is slightly more relaxing to listen too.

Very happy with the results.

I use the jriver app to select music to play, great user interface.

Since I do not have a monitor I use VNC app as a nettop remote desktop.

Finally: Sound quality and convenience:)