IGNORED

Can our pets tell us anything?

I seem to get reactions to music from my dog when played through my Magnepans that I don't get when played through my Sonus Fabers. For instance, through my Magnepan MMG's On "Good Morning" from The Beatles he barks at the end of the song with the dogs on the recording but he doesn't do that when played through my Sonus Faber Concerto Domus'. The dog also howls at many recordings with muted trumpets but doesn't howl much at unmuted trumpets. The cat is just apathetic about the whole thing!

Jim

Welcome james45974

hank (2).jpg

Hank's tail wags spontaneously when he hears Jimmy Hendrix or polka music. He yawns a very big yawn, and lays his head down when I play any classical. :0)

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

The reality is that NotCho Dawg is the consummate audiophile, you know, dawgs and their acute hearing. But he takes it to the next level. We spend hours together in the ‘sweet’ spot. He prefers Shostakovich, Mahler, and of course, Baha Men.

Baha_Men_-_Dogs_single.png

And as referenced eariler regarding the Beatles, he always joins in on 'Blackbird". Some kind of complex when it comes to birds is my best guess.

Then there is the manditory new equipment evalution. I had just got my new power cables from Frank at Signal Cable in New York.

NotCho Dawg performs receiving inspection prior to release for use. It seems Frank had bacon on his burger for lunch the day he built these.

DSCF8048.jpg

I not only trust him with my equipment, but I’ve been able to sell my VPI 16.5 vacuum record cleaner. My most precious vinyl has never sounded better.

Man’s best friend?

You kid’n?

He is my Dawg.

IMG_0059.jpg

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

blog102.jpg

Not long after this was taken, Indigo Spatz was so badly injured by a train that he had to be put to sleep. All the years we've lived here with the trains we've never lost another cat. He was a wild thing. The Big Dog and I and all of us here still miss him terribly.

We got Indigo Storm which helps...

blog116.jpg

She's a little sweetie.

I guess I'm just a sentimental old fool.

w

Mike zerO Romeo Oscar November

http://wakibaki.com

I guess I'm just a sentimental old fool.

w

Never.

Welcome aboard.

Kind Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3482[/ATTACH]

Mine "MP3-Creature" hates jitter, is a 10 year old Mexican Hairless Mix. We call her, "Creature" only.

In this picture in her listening position, waiting for music.

Roch

No wonder your tree looks like that!

Bill

Never.

Welcome aboard.

Kind Regards

Alex

Hi Waki

I should have said welcome back after such a long break.

I hope that your health is steadily improving ? It's amazing how the unconditional love of pets can help our well being.

Kind Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

IMG_0059.jpg

I have a question about your record cleaning regime. Is it just for pre-treatment or is it the complete process? Also, not to open a can worms with a "dog vs cat" discussion but I would think that the texture of a cat tongue would be better suited for deep cleaning. For the record I have one of each, a cat and a dog.

Jim

Then, you don't like my Bonsai tree... It's very, very old tree, and like humans "time aged".

Best,

Roch

PS/ On this days I'll replace it (the tree) with an even older one.

Dearest Roch,

Please forgive my poor judgement.

No slander or ill wish was ever my intent.

My childish attempt at humor seems to have been as successful as my futile attempt at preventing the early demise of the one Bonsai I failed to properly cultivate.

Your tree is in fact very beautiful, as is your precious Creature.

I am humbled at your ability to nurture them both.

in forgiveness,

Bill

Bill

IMG_0059.jpg

I have a question about your record cleaning regime. Is it just for pre-treatment or is it the complete process? Also, not to open a can worms with a "dog vs cat" discussion but I would think that the texture of a cat tongue would be better suited for deep cleaning. For the record I have one of each, a cat and a dog.

Dog's saliva has a special enzyme to help break down the gunk, and a cat's tongue may just scratch the record!1 ;)

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

My cats don't usually respond to my various stereos much. Rarely something comes out of the speakers that gets their attention. Makes me think that my systems are simply not real enough sounding for them to respond. When they do pay attention I assume that something has sounded "real" to them. Highly anthropomorphic of me, but then I guess we all are about our beloved pet friends.

I suspect that cats are sort of tuned to detect motion, both visual and auditory. Sometimes when sounds are panning between the speakers this will get their attention and they will follow the sound or perk up their ears and get into that very still ready alert sort of position. Similar response sometimes to the moving images on the video screen.

As they get older they seem to figure out that the flat screen TV and the reproduced sounds are indeed not the "real thing." Rather, just things that they have to compete with for attention. They regard the humans sitting in front of computers the same way. Some of my cats will try to lay on the keyboard as if to say "give me your attention and leave the inanimate objects be."

JohnMH

Dog's saliva has a special enzyme to help break down the gunk, and a cat's tongue may just scratch the record!1 ;)

Ah yes.......

A common misconception, that.

Exhustive BDT (Blind Dog Testing) utilizing the most advacned technology & yummy training treats yet developed has revealed astonishiing results to the contrary.

But first let us attempt a little thought experiment of our own. Imagine if you will a wad of steel wool drawn vigorously over the sesitive area of one's most private regions. Prolonged & repeated sessions while possibly arousing to some who are enamorted of the practices of Maquis de Sade, will unfortunately & inevitably result in irriveocable damage. Next, allow us to imagine a second hypothetical scenario involving feather boas, baby oil, chiffons & silks & ahhha aaahah.....errr ........ah well I am sure you get the gist of where this is heading.

Back to the issue at hand, scientific study at the sub-nanno atoming level of canine spittle molecularly interwoven with extract of Arachis hypogaea of the species lwgume (peanut butter) achiives a chemical surfacant action far superior to any mechanical equvalent. Once again, humantiy is bettered through the marvels of modern chemistry.

Or, as 4est suggested, dog spit da bomb

Bill

Dearest Roch,

Please forgive my poor judgement.

No slander or ill wish was ever my intent.

My childish attempt at humor seems to have been as successful as my futile attempt at preventing the early demise of the one Bonsai I failed to properly cultivate.

Your tree is in fact very beautiful, as is your precious Creature.

I am humbled at your ability to nurture them both.

in forgiveness,

Bill

Bill,

Forget about it, please!

I was joking also, but now "Creature" is crying, she knows is an ugly dog thanks to her also great sight. I have to remove the mirror from the listening room...

Ha, ha, ha, joking again!

Kind regards,

Roch

My cats don't usually respond to my various stereos much. Rarely something comes out of the speakers that gets their attention. Makes me think that my systems are simply not real enough sounding for them to respond. When they do pay attention I assume that something has sounded "real" to them. Highly anthropomorphic of me, but then I guess we all are about our beloved pet friends.

I suspect that cats are sort of tuned to detect motion, both visual and auditory. Sometimes when sounds are panning between the speakers this will get their attention and they will follow the sound or perk up their ears and get into that very still ready alert sort of position. Similar response sometimes to the moving images on the video screen.

As they get older they seem to figure out that the flat screen TV and the reproduced sounds are indeed not the "real thing." Rather, just things that they have to compete with for attention. They regard the humans sitting in front of computers the same way. Some of my cats will try to lay on the keyboard as if to say "give me your attention and leave the inanimate objects be."

My cat hated my attempts to play the harmonica. Smart cat.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

I don't know but my very friendly Rottweiler starts crying in all tones when playing "The Dawn" by Osibisa, he starts with it @ 0:39.

[video=youtube_share;AkFWoGIdFRE]http://youtu.be/AkFWoGIdFRE

EAC -> FLAC -> Oyen Digital miniPro 2TB -> USB -> Lenovo ThinkPad X200 WIN XP -> Dirac Live Room Correction Suite -> AlbumPlayer -> Audioquest USB cable -> Hegel H100 DAC & amplifier -> 2.5mm copper -> AVI Trio loudspeakers

My cat hated my attempts to play the harmonica. Smart cat.

Yea, my cats don't much care for my trumpet playing or my wife's saxophone. But, they react as if they know it's something more "real" than reproduced music. They generally just move away from the practice area. They do that if I crank the volume up high enough on the stereo, too.

JohnMH

Bill,

Forget about it, please!

I was joking also, but now "Creature" is crying, she knows is an ugly dog thanks to her also great sight. I have to remove the mirror from the listening room...

Ha, ha, ha, joking again!

Kind regards,

Roch

No, really.......I killed that poor Bonsai....

I have never forgiven myself.

Even my therapist is struggling with getting me past this event.

It is OK, Roch.

I will be OK.

I'm just going to sit in front of my mirror & cry for a while, now.

Bill

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3482[/ATTACH]

Mine "MP3-Creature" hates jitter, is a 10 year old Mexican Hairless Mix. We call her, "Creature" only.

In this picture in her listening position, waiting for music.

Roch

Hey....ahhhh.....Roch.....

NotCho Dawg says he is sort of 'into' older women......

Any chance he can get Creature's email address?

DSCF5265cr_zps1e355950.jpg

Bill