IGNORED

DSD Hardware/Software Database

You want your next purchase to support DSD?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This database is an attempt to keep track of the various DSD capable devices and software:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgVhKcl_3lHfdFVyenBBNjNpQ2lieG81WGpqQTNfVUE

Please help to keep the database up-to-date and accurate providing us additional information as needed.

**Special thanks to Ted B.

Jesus R

PS I also have an i2s Database here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgVhKcl_3lHfdFhNT0xWQnNVWTI1QjhTdXVGVThiYnc

Thanks Jesus. DSD had a HUGE groundswell at CES this past week. Almost all DAC mfg''ers who didn't currently support DSD said they either had an update or version coming, or said they are seriously thinking about it for a next release. This is in stark contrast to even last years shows (Venetian-based audio portion of CES or T.H.e Show at Flamingo). I am very optimistic.

Now it's on to computer audio multichannel DSD. :)

A complete database of DSD DACs(and their MSRP) is becoming a moving target! There's also the new MSB Anolog DAC at a base price of 6995.00

http://www.msbtech.com/support/analogDacManual.pdf

Esau

Esau, it's easy to keep up to date. We get info from all directions...email, websites, research, etc...

Jesus R

• 1 month later...

Jesus, thanks for putting this together, very useful. One question as I am very much behind this whole DSD technology. What does the 'DoP Input" and "Native DSD Input" means?

Main system: Music Server (Win 7/64+Foobar+JPlay) -> Furutech GT2 USB Cable -> Audiolab M-DAC -> Plinius 9200 (Chord Anthem interconnects) -> ATC SCM 40 w/Kimber Kable 8TC speaker cables

Jesus, thanks for putting this together, very useful. One question as I am very much behind this whole DSD technology. What does the 'DoP Input" and "Native DSD Input" means?

DoP is needed to stream DSD via existing PCM pipe lines that were not designed for DSD. The data is encoded into a format in the source and then decoded back to DSD in the device. It's a clever work around and the source/device must support the specification. Alternately, some sources and device can also handle native DSD streams without the DoP specification so we call them out as well...

Jesus R

PS special thanks to CA member Ted B. for his input on the spread sheet.

Oh Bill, I think you missed an option off the poll...

"I'm curious about DSD but my next purchase will be based on it's PCM performance and DSD would be a bonus"

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Oh Bill, I think you missed an option off the poll...

"I'm curious about DSD but my next purchase will be based on it's PCM performance and DSD would be a bonus"

Eloise

Who is Bill? :)

Who is Bill? :)

Erm... he's a big punk rabbit...

But I was assuming wgscott would be along with his own poll sometime soon and thought I would give himn a hand :-)

Eloise

(no offence meant to wgscott - I enjoy his polls!)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I have a w4s dac2 and from the chart it says That it is capable of dsd playback via I2s. Is there any way for me to do that from the laptop to the dac?. What do I need?

It's not an officially supported feature, but it plays DSD. I could whip up a converter for you..

Jesus R