IGNORED

Dragonfly DAC will not change colors in Mac air

I have a 2010 model Mac Air running OS X 10.5,8 that I will be upgrading to at least 10.6 in a few days so I can run pure music which is not yet installed. I just acquired a Dragonfly and started using it in the USB but noticed that when I play my iTunes AIFF and lossless music recorded at 44.1 the dragonfly's color is magenta not green and it is always magenta and not any other color no matter what songs I play at 44.k, any ideas why it stays magenta and is not green?

I have a 2010 model Mac Air running OS X 10.5,8 that I will be upgrading to at least 10.6 in a few days so I can run pure music which is not yet installed. I just acquired a Dragonfly and started using it in the USB but noticed that when I play my iTunes AIFF and lossless music recorded at 44.1 the dragonfly's color is magenta not green and it is always magenta and not any other color no matter what songs I play at 44.k, any ideas why it stays magenta and is not green?

OS X / iTunes will play at whatever sample rate is selected in Audio MIDI at the time. Without one of the more advanced players (e.g., Audirvana, Pure Music, etc.), it will always stay at the same rate selected in Audio MIDI. One of the advantages of the players is the ability to change sample rate, etc., on the fly.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system