IGNORED

JRemote Issue

Bill333

I have a digitized music collection of about 2500 albums and recently JRMC 17 on a computer and JRemote on my iPad. I noticed that when I'm scrolling through albums they take several seconds to load whenever I move down through the album listings. If I scroll back up right after a section of album covers has loaded, they show up immediately, but if I go too far back up, I have to wait for covers to load again, even if they had already been downloaded. So it looks like JRemote is keeping a relatively small cache (maybe 5 or 6 pages) of album covers, and loading everything else on demand.

A few questions: Is this the expected behavior? Is there any setting I could adjust in JRemote that would allow it to keep all the album covers in memory at once? My iPad is a 16G wi-fi. Would one of the larger capacity iPads make a difference?

Thanks

I took the liberty of copying Bill's question over to the main jremote thread. It is watched and answered by, among others, lespaul, the developer.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/jremote-j-river-media-center-9694/index9.html#post194580

I know its not really an answer, but I run Gizmo to control JRiver MC17 on a Samsung Android Tablet via Wi-Fi, which behaves in exactly the same way. Gizmo does not have a setting to permanently cache the covers, so its constant and as you say, you have to wait for the covers to load as you scroll through. My collection is around 2,700 so similar to yours Bill.

I very much doubt that changing your iPad will have any effect, but maybe someone else has a fix or a more comprehensive answer?

Tim

Tim

"Songs are really just very interesting things to be doing with the air." - Tom Waits

Main: Custom W10/JRiver/FLAC music server | Rega DAC | Rega Brio-R | MA Bronze2

Thanks, Tim. It's nice to know I'm not the only one seeing this.

JRemote is a nice app in many ways, but I really find this behavior annoying. If it could just store the covers in memory it would be practically perfect. I'm surprised that Chris Connaker didn't mention it in his review. Or did he not see it?