IGNORED

Help me help you rip DTS above 48kHz with DVDAE

DigiPete

Do you use DVDAE?

DVDAE does not currently support ripping DTS above 48kHz despite the fact that many/most new high res disks pack the audio in DTS. http://www.dvdae.com/support/faqs - click bottom question.

Please help me flag the need!

You can register your Ticket here (once you have logged in):

DVD Audio Extractor

Thanks and may the sound be with you

DigiPete

My Ticket:

Dear CASI really enjoy using your product, but my main reason for the purchase was to extract high definition surround music from Blurays. My intial extraction tests using MakeMKV for stripping went fine.I now understand that you do not currently extract DTS above 48kHz.

That is quite unfortunate, as most of new sorround releases are comming on Blurays and most are DTS, fx. from 2L - the Nordic Sound.

Could you please soon add this feature, we are a whole community that really needs it?

Playing surround music from a computer and buffered in memory brings the music to a whole new level.

I would really like to continue recommending DVDAE to the community

Thanks in advance

Peter Ring

DigiPete on computeraudiophile.com

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

Good idea, I will join in the campaign.

In the meantime, have you had any luck through the makeMKV route, and if so, how? For the moment I have resigned myself to the lower bit rates. Tbh I don't have the gear for hd surround audio... But I have seen some reviews that say the hd surround has a better mix, so I'm still interested. Not entirely sure if it makes sense that there would be different surround mixes, but I wants to hear for myself, you know?

Hi souptin

Yes - I use MakeMKV to strip the Bluray of the BD+ protection on my MacBook Pro/external BD drive.

Just "backup" the file to HD - the second icon on the front page.

Then I use DVDAE to extract the music from the files - DVD Source : "Folder - Open DVD from file folder".

I use 5.1 in FLAC and ALAC in stereo for iTunes, but you can choose a wide selection of formats.

DVDAE will extract to anything, except it will only do the core stream at 48kHz from DTS.

Frequently Asked Questions - click bottom question.

PS. Both softwares have a free full trial for a month.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”