IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@Wklie

I am using an iPad Air.  I tried rebooting iPad, deleting and re-installing the Lumin app and resetting the T1. I also tried it on my iPhone 7+....still no masters tab.  I checked with Tidal to see if there might be a problem with my account settings; they referred me to Lumin support.  Any ideas what is happening here?

@randyhat I've reproduced the issue and fixed it.  Please swipe away the app and retry.  Thanks.

By the way, the Masters folder is a human-edited recommended list only.  To find more Tidal Masters (10000+ albums including multiple versions of same albums), you may refer to this list:

http://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=268318

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thank you for fixing this.  Yes I understand there are many more MQA titles than are displayed in the Masters folder.  That folder though is a convenient way to look for some of the new releases.  I find many more MQA files while searching for artists and albums.  I have also used the list you linked.  BTW I am really enjoying the Lumin T1 player.

Lumin M1 is now MQA certified, making it one of the rare MQA Roon Ready integrated amplifier that actually decodes MQA over Roon RAAT (*)

So the whole Lumin network player/transport product line S1 / A1 / T1 / D1 / D2 / U1 / M1 are now MQA certified.

* There are other MQA Roon Ready products from other manufacturers that cannot decode MQA when playing from Roon.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

And all of this goodness without an upcharge by the manufacturers of Lumin products!

Speaking of upgrades, is Pixel/Lumin contemplating the design of their next flagship product?  I am getting bitten by the upgrade bug once again.  :D

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

Have a couple of questions about Roon and Lumin operations on DSD.

If a file is DSD128, how does Roon change this to DSD64? (OK a Roon question, still Lumin owners would know)

If Native DSD64 files are played in Roon, are there any audible inter track clicks when heard through a Lumin?

Will Lumin be exhibiting at Munich 2018?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

You can configure Roon DSP Engine to convert DSD128 (or anything) to DSD64, with several options.  You should Enable Native DSD Processing, and enable Parallelize Sigma-Delta Modulator.

Lumin players have relay.  There will be a very minor relay click when switching between PCM and DSD.  Continuous gapless PCM playback, and continuous gapless DSD playback, should not cause relay clicks.

Munich: Yes!

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats!!!   Did you get a different power supply? If not an sbooster power supply makes a big difference.  

I don't know about the isolation portion.  

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

2 hours ago, erniejade said:

Congrats!!!   Did you get a different power supply? If not an sbooster power supply makes a big difference.  

I don't know about the isolation portion.  

Yes, I have the Sbooster set for 12VDC. Now I need to decide if I keep my Mytek Brooklyn, or let it go. Waiting for my BNC to RCA cable to do some listening tests. Great fun!

14 hours ago, Chiller said:

I just purchased a Lumin D1 and I'm loving it so far. Can you tell me if the device has galvanic isolation built into the ethernet network connection? I have an external isolator and perhaps will sell it if it's redundant.

It's a standard Ethernet port with a transformer for isolation.  Perhaps you may try do a listening test with and without the external isolator, after you've burned-in the D2, and see if you hear a difference.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

8 hours ago, wklie said:

It's a standard Ethernet port with a transformer for isolation.  Perhaps you may try do a listening test with and without the external isolator, after you've burned-in the D2, and see if you hear a difference.

Will do...how many hours of play time before the unit will be burned in?

Please turn on repeat, put PCM and DSD music to playlist, turn off front panel and Roon Ready and Spotify Connect (unless you use Roon or Spotify) and let it play 7x24 for two weeks.  It's best to use XLR output.  Turn off the power amp if necessary.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

14 hours ago, msr said:

I am wondering if the xlr outputs of LUMIN T1 is trully balanced.

thanks for any reply.

Marcelo

what makes you wonder that?

from their web site for the t1:

image.thumb.png.87d2b2eb06e1bd3a3da2331b0e898d95.png

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
15 hours ago, msr said:

I am wondering if the xlr outputs of LUMIN T1 is trully balanced.

Yes, Lumin T1 / S1 / A1 / D2 / D1 use a true balanced design.  Therefore XLR output usually sounds better.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Just a question to everyone about the L1. Thanks in advance 9_9

I run an A1 with a 2TB L1. However, I've almost run out of storage.

Can I connect another L1 to the A1 via my router, and if so will it show up in the Lumin app? And if so, will I have to 'toggle' between the two L1 drives using the app, or will it show ALL the albums present on both drives in the Album screen?

Thanks!

You can have two L1s, but you can only point the app to use one of them one at a time.  I just swapped out the hard drive in my L1 for a 4TB one.  Works great!

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers