IGNORED

Official iTunes 11 Thread (Released 11/29/2012)

Pure Music 1.88a seems unstable. I got it to work for a few mins, then when i changed track, it stopped working. It keeps on saying Loading Track...

discless since 2005

Power: Equitech 5WQ-E | Primary Source: Mac Mini with Pure Music | USB Interface: Soulution 590 | Amps: Dual Devialet D-Premier in Dual Mono mode | Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus + Torus Amp + DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core | Speakers: Magico Q1

Semi-Retired Equipment: AudioMachina Maestro S | Aurender S10 | Transporter | TacT 2.2XP | BADA USB | BADA Series 2

Another here reporting issues with Pure Music.

Couldnt get it to work at all at first but now works when it feels like it. Also get the 'loading tracks into memory' message.

edit...just checked the PM site and found this...

quote///

Compatibility with Apple's iTunes 11 Update: In preliminary testing, Pure Music has proven to be fully compatible with iTunes 11 (Pure Music has been compatible with iTunes 8 - the earliest tested - and later versions, without requiring any changes).

There is one exception, and there is a partial work-around. Due to the manner in which iTunes handles Gapless tracks (essentially, all of the tracks in an album are automatically marked Gapless), Gapless Playback should be disabled in Pure Music, for Pure Music to function properly (Preferences, Music Server Settings -> Basic).

If you require gapless playback in Pure Music, please do not update to iTunes 11 at the present time.

End quote...

That sems to help.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

That seems to have done the trick! Thanks!

Another here reporting issues with Pure Music.

Couldnt get it to work at all at first but now works when it feels like it. Also get the 'loading tracks into memory' message.

edit...just checked the PM site and found this...

quote///

Compatibility with Apple's iTunes 11 Update: In preliminary testing, Pure Music has proven to be fully compatible with iTunes 11 (Pure Music has been compatible with iTunes 8 - the earliest tested - and later versions, without requiring any changes).

There is one exception, and there is a partial work-around. Due to the manner in which iTunes handles Gapless tracks (essentially, all of the tracks in an album are automatically marked Gapless), Gapless Playback should be disabled in Pure Music, for Pure Music to function properly (Preferences, Music Server Settings -> Basic).

If you require gapless playback in Pure Music, please do not update to iTunes 11 at the present time.

End quote...

That sems to help.

discless since 2005

Power: Equitech 5WQ-E | Primary Source: Mac Mini with Pure Music | USB Interface: Soulution 590 | Amps: Dual Devialet D-Premier in Dual Mono mode | Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus + Torus Amp + DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core | Speakers: Magico Q1

Semi-Retired Equipment: AudioMachina Maestro S | Aurender S10 | Transporter | TacT 2.2XP | BADA USB | BADA Series 2

Decibel works OK (as you might expect as does not need the iTunes programme only the library)

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

What is "Sound Enhancer" (low to high)? I don't remember seeing that in the old iTunes app or am I having a moment?

digital: mac mini (2010 with SSD, i5), m2tech young DAC

analog: VPI TNT V, JMW 12.6 w/ lyra helikon mono + koestu rosewood, sowter 8055 MC step-ups, wright signature AG phono stage

amplication: wright WLA12A line stage, wright signature AU-15 2A3 push-pull, wright mono 3.5 2A3 SET

speakers:AllFunHorns with Lowther DX-3 drivers, madisound BK-16 with Fostex FE-166E drivers

I'm curious as to how it plays with BitPerfect. I know Tim is on it, so hopefully we'll find out soon. In the meantime, I'll hold off on updating.....

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

What is "Sound Enhancer" (low to high)? I don't remember seeing that in the old iTunes app or am I having a moment?

It's always been there - but (shudder) it is an evil DSP / equalizer-type thingy we all despise and turn off a the very first possible moment.

Seriously, turn it off - it's just one of those "make it sound better" settings that makes your music sound horrible ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I'm curious as to how it plays with BitPerfect. I know Tim is on it, so hopefully we'll find out soon. In the meantime, I'll hold off on updating.....

Russell

Seems to work just fine - using it with BitPerfect 1.04 (the current release version).

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

First of all - I jumped the gun and installed iTunes 11 before getting BitPerfect's official blessing, but it seems to be working fine for me. No problems at all.

However, iTunes 11 itself seems to be a bit of a let-down after Apple's bally-hoo. Its nothing more than a slight freshening up of the interface. Now, to be fair I am just an audio guy, and I don't have any use for any of its other capabilities, so maybe I'm missing the bits where all the fanfare is directed.

I had more or less got iTunes 10's user interface to work for me from a perspective of presenting my music in a way such that I can navigate reasonably efficiently through it. So I am looking for iTunes 11 to at least leave that experience none the worse, and hopefully to improve it. No such luck.

The "standard" view in my iTunes 10.x set-up is now the "Songs" option. Unfortunately, although it is possible to pretty much re-create what iTunes 10 looked like, they have removed the option to "Always view Album Art". Album Art now appears only with all of the other views, but in such a way as to limit its usefulness. I really don't want to get into a detailed review here, but I am quite disappointed.

The much touted "Play Next" feature is there - but I don't expect I am going to use it. It does not seem to offer anything unless you want to make like a part-time DJ.

Anyway, the important thing is that nothing crucial was broken, and BitPerfect still works. Phew!

BTW, there is a new iPad/iPhone Remote App that goes with it. I haven't had a chance to download it yet, but I have been told that it is an improvement on the old one. We'll see...