IGNORED

Foobar skips at the end of every song

hermes_vb

I have my USB DAC connected to my Win7 HTPC running foobar in DS mode. Every song skips at the end. It's a weird thing. When the track is about to finish (about 5 left) its skips and goes back a few seconds and does it again. It's almost like a broken record for any of you who remember those days. I've tried playing with the buffer but no luck. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?

PS I have also check system latency with a program called DPC Latency checker and says it should be able to handle streaming with no problem.

I don't recognize the problem, but do know that dBPoweramp (ripping) allows for having meta data and/or embedded Coverart at the end of the track. I can't imagine that Foobar can't handle this, but then I can imagine that this DS part is too much Windows to be really in control of it, and it is the Windows Direct Sound module which fails here (well, it's really dBPowerAmp doing odd things).

If it is that at all ...

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Does it do this with all files or just some?

What file format do you use?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Also what DAC? Does it use drivers or Window's own driver?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.