IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Yes - sorry I’ll get screen shots tonight. I’m using the Sonic transporter for HQPlayer + Roon from Small Green Computer running Windows 10. Running from back of the computer to Linksys Hub with Ethernet  to Netgear unmanaged switch to Ultra Rendu. Running from the USB out to an OPPO 205. I’ll get some screen shots tonight. 

Thanks,

George

Well I found the specs and that I had taken a picture of the settings last night. I’ve attached a picture of the screen shot.

Here is the system.

HARDWARE

Enclosure: Fanless solid aluminum case (completely silent) Processor: Intel i7 (kaby Lake) quad-core processor Memory: 32GB RAM DDR4 Storage: 240GB SSD (Samsung PRO) for Windows OS + Roon database etc OS: Windows 10 Pro OS (license included) USB: 4 USB ports for Keyboard, Mouse, and USB drives HDMI: for your monitor (not required once setup is complete) Network: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Power: 19VDC input

Running Ethernet into a Linksys Router and from there Ethernet to an unmanaged Ethernet switch by Netgear to an Ultra Rendu. From there USB out to the OPPO 205 as my DAC. USB NAS drive connected to the Linksys Router.

Attached is a screen shot of the settings window.

Thank you for your help.

George

E0C5EABE-B804-4C3E-BC9B-734177E135F5.jpeg

19 minutes ago, acousticmood said:

Well I found the specs and that I had taken a picture of the settings last night. I’ve attached a picture of the screen shot.

Here is the system.

E0C5EABE-B804-4C3E-BC9B-734177E135F5.jpeg

Here you have "Multicore DSP" disabled. I recommend selecting automatic configration, IOW, click the box to grayed mode. Also "checked" mode works for quad-core.

Other than that, I didn't spot potential problems...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

11 minutes ago, acousticmood said:

What is the difference between greyed and checked?

Greyed is "autoconfiguration" where HQPlayer detects number of CPU cores and decides how to distribute load among the cores. While checked is more static configuration and doesn't necessarily scale well to higher core counts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018/2/18 at 7:26 PM, Miska said:

I don't have package for arm64 yet. Seems to be sort of PITA to get Debian 9 installed on those so didn't have time to fight it yet.

RPi3 doesn't have issues regarding "powerful" for NAA use. USB problems are more related to it's stupid (cheapo) hardware design... NAA is not so much about CPU power, but more about I/O bandwidth.

Thanks for the new release for arrm64. 

Hi Jussy,

Just have read on  FACEBOOK you released an ARM 64 distro for NAA.

Does this work on a Allo Sparky respectively UsBridge too?  Due to the fact the Sparky uses an

ARM Cortex A9 Quad Core Processor at 1.1GHz.

Thanks for yr response in advance.

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

5 hours ago, ambre said:

Just have read on  FACEBOOK you released an ARM 64 distro for NAA.

Does this work on a Allo Sparky respectively UsBridge too?  Due to the fact the Sparky uses an

ARM Cortex A9 Quad Core Processor at 1.1GHz.

Not distro, just a package for Ubuntu/Debian, like for other architectures too. A9 is 32-bit processor, so it won't work there.

Cortex-A5x and Cortex-A7x are 64-bit ones.

I used NanoPi K2.

I hope @Daniel Knight will include this in 64-bit builds of DietPi so it would be available for wider range of hardware. :)

On 14-3-2018 at 8:22 PM, Miska said:

Not distro, just a package for Ubuntu/Debian, like for other architectures too. A9 is 32-bit processor, so it won't work there.Cortex-A5x and Cortex-A7x are 64-bit ones. I used NanoPi K2.

I hope @Daniel Knight will include this in 64-bit builds of DietPi so it would be available for wider range of hardware. :)

Dear Jussi,

Thanks for your reply. It's a pity that HQ-player NAA software doesn't work resp. is available for this very nice ethernet device called Allo UsBridge (+ Sparky).

For me is the understanding / programming of DietPI to difficult and too time-consuming .

And it has so many  features which I really don't need.

Only  HQ Player  NAA-functionality with or without Roon add-ons=>>> I like to keep it KISS.9_9

Best regards,

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

44 minutes ago, ambre said:

Thanks for your reply. It's a pity that HQ-player NAA software doesn't work resp. is available for this very nice ethernet device called Allo UsBridge (+ Sparky).

It doesn't? Why? I thought someone was using that combo.

Those 32-bit "armhf" packages I've been building for ages should work on that hardware...

I have been using Allo Bridge with Hq player NAA upsampling to Dsd 512 for  several months. 

In fact I purchased it, on a friends recommend,  when he was also successfully using it for this purpose. This was after struggling to get Dsd 512 with mR, uR and Sotm 200 and literary trying every possible solution. 

In the end I was able to get it (512) working on both Sonore products however, kept the Allo Usbridge. 

3 hours ago, ambre said:

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Running NAA on ALLO-USBridge since few months. Very stable, no issue using DietPi. Admin is easy and user friendly either via Allo Web GUI or via DietPi menus. 

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

On 15-3-2018 at 9:48 PM, Miska said:

Those 32-bit "armhf" packages I've been building for ages should work on that hardware...

Hallo  Jussy/ Miska,

@Miska

Possibly a misunderstanding or a lack of knowledge on my part.

I have asked you on  09-02-2018 if the HQ-player (original) NAA distro/package is working on an Allo UsBridge?   As you can see in attached file you have said no. The same answer by Allo.

Now you state that  a 32-bit armf you build " for ages "  will work on the Allo Sparky resp.  UsBridge hardware?

I am lost!  

Please advice / explanation what  I have misunderstood.

Very best regards. 

Jussy1.jpg

On 16-3-2018 at 12:02 AM, volpone said:

Running NAA on ALLO-USBridge since few months. Very stable, no issue using DietPi. Admin is easy and user friendly either via Allo Web GUI or via DietPi menus. 

@volpone

Please see my message to Allo.Com last week. And several posts before on the Allo Club pages.

IMO Allo is extremely slow, very reluctant to give help or respond to customer questions on this CA forum and Roon Community too

Now all is too cumbersome, too much tinkering and certainly not customer-friendly. This is also due to the multitude of updates that I have had to install during the last 3-4 months. Started with version 156 and already on 6.4.

Ps. This install and also the different versions were certainly not error-free and hardly doable for a non Linux expert like me. In addition, it all takes up too much time that you can use better to listen to music than to find out how to re-flash and install an EMMC card. In addition, the current documentation is absolutely inadequate for a novice.That is a missed opportunity and makes it less fun that the aforementioned childhood diseases have not yet been adequately remedied.

Despite my complaints, the Allo UsBridge is a great device when it is finally set up properly. And it gives a very good USB signal. This in combination with the Uptone Regen and Sbooster LPS together with the standard SMPS.  

Dear ALLO & DietPi-Team,

I still have problems with connecting ALLO UsBridge and my DAC Teac UD 501. Despite that in Audio (via dietpi-config) 2.0USB is set.

When I switch on my DAC in advance, the default 44.1 or 48.0 kHz is set despite my DAC can handle PCM 384 or DSD 128 .

Ps. Allo previously advised to start the DAC first and then the Allo UsBridge (& Sparky). Why does not it work flawlessly?

My suspicion is that the startup sequence Sparky <=> UsBridge is critical. When I started the Bridge first and then the Sparky a few seconds later.  And during this start-up, the DAC also starts up in 60% of the cases. Conversely, first UsBridge and then Sparky gives ..... a somewhat worse result? Ps. the later start of the DAC does not work either.

My preliminary conclusion is that if I do not start everything more or less at the same sequence it will not work properly. And that is pretty boring and I have to restart everything again. 

Is there also a rescan done by DietPi? Why is the DAC preceded by the start-up routine before and after the start seen as standard DAC (=44.1 and 48.0)?

Would you please sort this out thoroughly?

Many thanks in advance.

I use a TEAC UD 501 DAC / Mac OS 10.13.3, HQ-player 3.20.4 and DietPi Standard Version 6.4 without Web Gui. In my chain I also Use the Uptone Regen to improve the signal. Ps. And I use 2x separate Power Supplies (Sbooster 5v,1.5 amp  for the UsBridge  and IFO (SMPS)  Ifi-Power (5V/2.5A) for Sparky .

3 hours ago, ambre said:

Hallo  Jussy/ Miska,

@Miska

Possibly a misunderstanding or a lack of knowledge on my part.

I have asked you on  09-02-2018 if the HQ-player (original) NAA distro/package is working on an Allo UsBridge?   As you can see in attached file you have said no. The same answer by Allo.

Now you state that  a 32-bit armf you build " for ages "  will work on the Allo Sparky resp.  UsBridge hardware?

I am lost!  

Please advice / explanation what  I have misunderstood.

Very best regards. 

Jussy1.jpg

You are mixing distro and packages...

In addition you are asking about fresh 64-bit ARM package build...

32-bit ARM packages (as well as 32-bit and 64-bit x86 packages) have been around for ages.

My "distros" (well, not exactly a distro, just bootable image) are available only for very few devices. 64-bit x86, BeagleBone and RasPi3.

Packages will run on much wider selection of hardware, covering "i386 (strictly i686), amd64, armel, armhf and arm64" package architectures. (armv5, armv6 and armv8 instruction sets)

2 hours ago, ambre said:

I still have problems with connecting ALLO UsBridge and my DAC Teac UD 501. Despite that in Audio (via dietpi-config) 2.0USB is set.

Forget using UD-501 with Linux-based devices. It's firmware is a bit broken and doesn't work properly without TEAC's own Windows drivers... At least that's the case with the unit I have. (never tried it on Mac, so no comments about that)

UD-503/NT-503 works flawlessly with Linux though up to DSD256.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Forget using UD-501 with Linux-based devices. It's firmware is a bit broken and doesn't work properly without TEAC's own Windows drivers... At least that's the case with the unit I have. (never tried it on Mac, so no comments about that)

UD-503/NT-503 works flawlessly with Linux though up to DSD256.

many thanks for your reply.

On 2018/3/15 at 3:22 AM, Miska said:

Not distro, just a package for Ubuntu/Debian, like for other architectures too. A9 is 32-bit processor, so it won't work there.

Cortex-A5x and Cortex-A7x are 64-bit ones.

I used NanoPi K2.

can your NanoPi K2 output DSD Native?

4 hours ago, WenYee said:

can your NanoPi K2 output DSD Native?

Only with DoP, because it has so ancient kernel (3.14)... I didn't try to build any newer kernel for it. At this moment I only wanted to get the package built for arm64, so it was OK for this particular job. It should be fairly OK hardware for NAA use, but the kernel is limiting factor here.

11 hours ago, Miska said:

Only with DoP, because it has so ancient kernel (3.14)... I didn't try to build any newer kernel for it. At this moment I only wanted to get the package built for arm64, so it was OK for this particular job. It should be fairly OK hardware for NAA use, but the kernel is limiting factor here.

Thanks.

I use NAA on my rock64 successfully now.

It works very well with my Holo DAC by DOP DSD256.